Cliff, can you please share this?

I'm not sure if this got saved or not. From what I understand it was just a slightly tweaked factory preset.

I'm not sure if this got saved or not. From what I understand it was just a slightly tweaked factory preset.

Having that preset is not going to do me any good. Even Steve Lukather himself has been published saying, "Yes, I have plugged into Eddie's rig....I don't sound like Eddie...I just sound like me, playing through Eddie's rig."

Of course, any of us would give our left one, to sound like Steve Lukather, but Steve wanted to sound like EVH, his favorite player.

If I had this preset, it would still sound like a drunk toddler picked up Andy's guitar and attempted to use it.

As they said in the video and from what could be seen is/was Fas lead 2 factory cab 105.
Treble and middle and bass straight up and master at roughly 4 and gain at 7ish. Presence to taste.
And delay, listen to the repeats, for feedbacks and speed.

I got close enough for me this way.

Good luck!

As they said in the video and from what could be seen is/was Fas lead 2 factory cab 105.
Treble and middle and bass straight up and master at roughly 4 and gain at 7ish. Presence to taste.
And delay, listen to the repeats, for feedbacks and speed.

I got close enough for me this way.

Good luck!

Also, the supply sag was bumped up to around 4ish, when Andy was talking about it being hard.

Does anyone have this factory preset to share? I no longer have it. It is preset #35.

Anybody know what the lick is at 1:48? Sounds like something from street fighter II lol. I guess it is tapped 7th stuff.

Last edited:
So what's the rig here ? all matrix? is he playing back through both of those monitors? (are those matrix too?)
he's a pretty awesome player.
I don't get how anyone can listen to a guy play like this and say they hate shredders
when you're this good it always sounds good.

As Yek said, I think the major difference between him and all the other shredders is that he does bluegrass like nobody's business. I don't think Tosin could do what Andy's does without having to change his whole style. Talking with Tosin, he was in awe of the kid as well. He wasn't there at the time, but he sure knew who he was.

Absolutely, the more variation of styles , technique and theory you can bring to the table, the better.
it doesn't pigeon hole you into playing "the same" all the time.
Yngwie is a perfect example of that. I love what he does, but he is very repetitive, and gets old quick.

i saw him a couple years ago in Louisiana playing with his band, and he was pretty darn good. cool guy too. he hung out at the merch table and spoke to anyone passing by....not just selling shirts, but talking about anything you wanted to talk about.

i thought he was endorsing Diezel amps? no matter, he gets that same tone no matter what he plays through.

Two EAW monitors.

I hate shredders, but Andy isn't. He plays bluegrass, mandolin, he can build up a solo, he can play with emotion.

Do you know what models they are? I tried looking them up, but there are a brazzillion different ones.

There's nothing to the patch:
Amp:
Type: Two Stone J-35
Input Drive: 7.8
Overdrive: 7.95
Bass: 5.43
Mid: 4.57
Treble: 4.96
Presence: 5.17
Depth: 4.16
MV: 2.99
Sag: 4.00