Cliff, can you get RJM the Midi spec he needs?

Ron isn’t get shit done this weekend. He’ll be playing the whole time.

EarnestCanineHamadryas.gif

Everybody can sympathize with a guy who has a sick child, I really feel for him on that account, and have only just learned about this issue - but the problem is he disappears frequently, is on-off (mostly off) in his service and cuts communication repeatedly and doesn't follow up - also when there is no health issues.

I was on the wait list for the Liquid Foot board that was before the LF+12 series, and Jeff made a royal mess of it and never delivered. Despite that (guess I'm really stupid and trusting) I ordered 2 LF+12+ controllers from Jeff after he promised to make it right for me, he even wrote in a mail (direct quote from Jeff) "No more crap service for you"
I bought them for a rig for an upcoming tour, but had to buy another manufactures midi boards, as the LF+12+'s were delivered faulty, among other things a foot switch didn't work, some of the nuts for the exp jack ins were missing which is a problem since they help hold the internals in place - mailed Jeff about it, lots of promisses about him sending replacements parts, never happened !!
After a while I mailed him again, he said the parts were ready to ship but that he lost my address (it was in the mail he replied to), pointed out where the address was and even re-wrote it for him, still no parts nor communication.
Next time I contacted FAMC a service guy told me they had no record of me not getting the parts and that he would talk to Jeff about it and get back to me, didn't get back to me.
I live in Europe so sending them back is not simple because of cost, VAT, taxes and so on, so as I was going to the US for a studio stint I contacted FAMC again and proposed taking them with me to the US and sending them in, if they would promise to fix them and turn them back around before I left for Europe again, they said sure but don't bring or send in before you hear back from us - never heard back.

The fact that Jeff and his service guy says, that if you say anything negative about their service online then they won't help you at all both very bad form on their part.
I haven't spoken publicly nor posted about this before as I don't wish bad things for Jeff and have tried to get them to work in out and make it right for me - but the fact is that he has taken my money and still owns me a working product and he doesn't seem to care one bit about it.

So I bought and paid 2000 $ for 2 LF+12+'s more than 6 year ago, and they have still not delivered a working product to me despite me contacting them in a very respectful manor many times - I find that inexcusable regardless of his issues !!

what a bad story. I was considering buying the Liquid Foot, but after reading this behavior, I certainly will not. I have to decide whether to wait for the Fc series (and in the meantime to buy an economic midi pedal board), or to buy a mastermind Gt.
Maybe the second one is better for me, since I also have a Kemper (and don’t have his remote).

or to buy a mastermind Gt.
Maybe the second one is better for me, since I also have a Kemper (and don’t have his remote).

The GT does work great with the Kemper. I'm suspecting we'll get bidirectional support on the RJM units before we have the FC generally available.

The GT does work great with the Kemper. I'm suspecting we'll get bidirectional support on the RJM units before we have the FC generally available.

For bidirectional support you mean the possibility to load in automatic way the Axe III parameters/presets from the editor of Gt, like happen now for Kemper and Axe II?

:)

And also IA switch state and tuner.

thanks, in the past I only made a little bit of midi programming on my two H9 for the Kemper, I am not an expert user of midi, so I'm a little worried about the idea of having to program two very articulate machines, especially Axe III with its many preset functions, scenes, channels, looper, etc.

For sure on Fc6-12 everything will be easy, but there is no information yet on whether the two FC can even be midi pedalboard, right? (just to use it to control the kpa).

Everybody can sympathize with a guy who has a sick child, I really feel for him on that account, and have only just learned about this issue - but the problem is he disappears frequently, is on-off (mostly off) in his service and cuts communication repeatedly and doesn't follow up - also when there is no health issues.

I was on the wait list for the Liquid Foot board that was before the LF+12 series, and Jeff made a royal mess of it and never delivered. Despite that (guess I'm really stupid and trusting) I ordered 2 LF+12+ controllers from Jeff after he promised to make it right for me, he even wrote in a mail (direct quote from Jeff) "No more crap service for you"
I bought them for a rig for an upcoming tour, but had to buy another manufactures midi boards, as the LF+12+'s were delivered faulty, among other things a foot switch didn't work, some of the nuts for the exp jack ins were missing which is a problem since they help hold the internals in place - mailed Jeff about it, lots of promisses about him sending replacements parts, never happened !!
After a while I mailed him again, he said the parts were ready to ship but that he lost my address (it was in the mail he replied to), pointed out where the address was and even re-wrote it for him, still no parts nor communication.
Next time I contacted FAMC a service guy told me they had no record of me not getting the parts and that he would talk to Jeff about it and get back to me, didn't get back to me.
I live in Europe so sending them back is not simple because of cost, VAT, taxes and so on, so as I was going to the US for a studio stint I contacted FAMC again and proposed taking them with me to the US and sending them in, if they would promise to fix them and turn them back around before I left for Europe again, they said sure but don't bring or send in before you hear back from us - never heard back.

The fact that Jeff and his service guy says, that if you say anything negative about their service online then they won't help you at all both very bad form on their part.
I haven't spoken publicly nor posted about this before as I don't wish bad things for Jeff and have tried to get them to work in out and make it right for me - but the fact is that he has taken my money and still owns me a working product and he doesn't seem to care one bit about it.

So I bought and paid 2000 $ for 2 LF+12+'s more than 6 year ago, and they have still not delivered a working product to me despite me contacting them in a very respectful manor many times - I find that inexcusable regardless of his issues !!

I had an LF+12+ that I fought with for over 2 years before I finally sold it back to one of their employees at a loss. Easily the worst customer service I've ever experienced. Jeff is clearly a smart guy and his product is very capable, but he's also a BS artist who doesn't seem to care about his customers unless he's personally talking to them on the phone. Don't think I'll ever consider another one of his products. They might have great features in theory, but you basically need to be his personal friend to receive enough support to ever make them work right.

what a bad story. I was considering buying the Liquid Foot, but after reading this behavior, I certainly will not. I have to decide whether to wait for the Fc series (and in the meantime to buy an economic midi pedal board), or to buy a mastermind Gt.

If you have the $ go with the Mastermind GT. I don't recommend getting a Liquid Foot if you're new to programming a MIDI Foot Controller.

I can’t imagine Fractal is going to give RJM a headstart on the MIDI spec when the FCs aren’t even available yet.
I don't think that has anything to do with it. It seems odd reading this thread and thinking why buy a controller that is so much trouble to setup? And aren't all the standard midi specs available to plug in? My simple 2 expression 10 button foot controllers do everything that's needed. And they are decades old. Just sayin':confused:

I don't think that has anything to do with it. It seems odd reading this thread and thinking why buy a controller that is so much trouble to setup? And aren't all the standard midi specs available to plug in? My simple 2 expression 10 button foot controllers do everything that's needed. And they are decades old. Just sayin':confused:

They're not that hard to setup. Maybe a little bit of a learning curve, but not difficult. The difficult part is maintaining everything. Having to update preset names, button labels and such can get annoying. Not having pedals states really sucks too. SYSEX fixes all that, which is why the decades old MIDI standard just isn't enough. Thus the reason this thread exists.

Complex rigs require deeper functionality from MIDI controllers and, as a result, more programming to get it all to work. From what I’ve read, the RJM controllers aren’t difficult to program for the basic stuff...or for the more complex stuff.

Note: by “MIDI spec” I think most of us are referring to the super-secret protocol that will allow the RJM controllers to read Axe block states, tempo, tuner, etc. The “real” MIDI specifications have been around, as you stated, for decades.

Back
Top Bottom