AFIII Cliff Burton patch - "For Whom the Bell Tolls" Jam

diezel013

Inspired
Here's me having some fun jammin' along to this Metallica classic. Love Cliff's playing... I'm not claiming this to be an exact replica of Cliff's tone, but I'm a big Tallica fan and it does the job for me. Attaching the patch below for you to enjoy... Any support to the channel is much appreciated... I cover lots of classic 70's/80's guitar players, and also have an original band named Diezel quite inspired by Metallica.

Wishing all you Fractal friends a nice day :)

Attachments

• CLIFF BURTON.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 45
Sweet!!!

I’m actually mixing a cover of this song right now my buds and I did, I’ve got a few different bass tones loaded up for the intro and I was just going to pick one once I finished the vocals/mixing it. Definitely going to slap this on there!! Thanks, man!

Currently, I’ve got one that’s closer to Cliff’s album tone, then one that’s closer to Newstead’s live tone. There’s one specific performance of it I’m trying to remember, but it sounds like he put the wah after the distortion because it’s just this HUGE filter effect and you can’t hear any actual notes. :D It’s awesome though, especially when the bass part starts that descending riff on it’s own while the guitars are still playing the intro riff.

Thanks again, sounds killer!

Sweet!!!

I’m actually mixing a cover of this song right now my buds and I did, I’ve got a few different bass tones loaded up for the intro and I was just going to pick one once I finished the vocals/mixing it. Definitely going to slap this on there!! Thanks, man!

Currently, I’ve got one that’s closer to Cliff’s album tone, then one that’s closer to Newstead’s live tone. There’s one specific performance of it I’m trying to remember, but it sounds like he put the wah after the distortion because it’s just this HUGE filter effect and you can’t hear any actual notes. :D It’s awesome though, especially when the bass part starts that descending riff on it’s own while the guitars are still playing the intro riff.

Thanks again, sounds killer!
Of course Rev!!! Cheers... You’re quite welcome. Rock on

Back
Top Bottom