Cliff, a question about future amp models.

nateb

Inspired
Cliff,

There was an earlier discussion that I could no longer locate.

I believe in this discussion you mentioned that you would like to create new amp models that really cannot exist in the tube amp world. One of my favorite models in the Axe-FX II is the FAS Modern and the idea of you creating more of your own was exciting to me. Was there any plans for future FAS models? What do you mean by creating amps that can exist in the real world?

Thanks,

-Nate

"Man I wish I could get a sound like ___(Fill in amp/song/tone here)____"

Words never spoken by an Axe Fx II user

If you can imagine it- with enough tweaking it can be done- I'm sure- but i still get blown away with each and every update and feature

Somethings would be implausible in the real world. An amp with 17 KT-88 and 15 6L6GC power tubes with 16 output transformers and 8 master volumes stacked on top of each other. This might be possible in the digital realm. I may be exaggerating slightly, but...??? Mayhap this is what was meant...???

"Man I wish I could get a sound like ___(Fill in amp/song/tone here)____"

Words never spoken by an Axe Fx II user

Hard to sound like something that doesn't exist in the real world! He's looking for something that isn't anything real. Another FAS creation. Something that would spawn a quote like "Man I wish I could get a sound like the one on the Axe FX II." Rather than the other way around.

Reactions: gin
I think that lacking the knowledge to get the new sounds out of the Axe-FX II is the reason for the OP's reasoning for wanting new amp models.

I think that lacking the knowledge to get the new sounds out of the Axe-FX II is the reason for the OP's reasoning for wanting new amp models.

I highly doubt that. I mean who doesn't like getting new amps for free?? And the prospect of crazy new amps that couldn't actually exist is just COOL! :)

By changing tone stacks you open up many possibilities.

+1. And there are other advanced functions to work with to do things impossible in the real world.

Hey hey no bashing. We all want free stuff from time to time.

Seriously the FAS Modern is one of the best amp sims in the Axe-Fx... I'm waiting for some amp builder to try and emulate that. :D

The FAS amp sims would be enough to satisfy most guitarists. This whole notion of painstakingly emulating existing amps is a bit silly if the goal is just to get a great guitar tones suitable for whatever styles you play. Does it matter if it's created by a model of a specific Marshall model or some generic amp model that happens to be a tonal lovechild of a Marshall, Mesa, Vox and Hiwatt all in one?

So u mean I can crank the bias and not blow a tube?
Man all this time I've been gentle on that...
;)
I can't get off of the Badger 18 still...
Or stated differently
I still get off on the Badger 18...
;)

I didn't mean my previous post to come off as I was bashing, or even looking down, on the OP.

Some people, myself included, never really learned how to get good sounds of a piece of equipment and it is easier to go with the "that's good enough for now" recommended settings.

I think the OP is the next frontier,

(Probably after the IR and cabinet things are sorted) The next frontier is for modellers to provide amp tones that the boutique builders can't build cost effectively.

IOW, a sought after tone, a chased tone, not available except in a modeller.

Richard

We had what the OP is talking about since the first AxeFX. Try to adjust gain based on the picked note's pitch with a real tube amp... and that's only one example.

Back
Top Bottom