clicks & cracks in recording

gin

Inspired
hey guys :)

updated to 11.03 AE3 and driver 168 last night .. ae works fine and 11 sounds great too

but im getting weird cracks in my DAW no matter what streaming mode or buffer size im using .. changed nothing since recording the last album with driver 167 and fw10 :(

are you on Mac or Win ?
on Mac if you have 10.6.8 > 10.8.x use 167 Driver if you have access to 10.9 use Beta 5(do not upgrade to beta 6 or 7 lots of App's are not working with it) and Driver 168.
I did lot's of Recordings with Mavericks now and it works great with LogicX & Axe. Apple fixed a Driver Issue in Mavericks...

hey guys :)
im getting weird cracks in my DAW no matter what streaming mode or buffer size im using .. changed nothing since recording the last album with driver 167 and fw10 :(

This can be due to digital clock sync issues ..... Not sure what DAW you're on but, I run Pro tools with an ADAT bridge and if I don't click external sync mode in PT, I get really loud digital spikes about every 10 -20 seconds ...!?

sorry for not giving the specs:
im on windows 7 with all updates and using cubase 5, cpu is i5 with 8gb ram

i investigated further: the crackles are no dropouts or digital spikes, its more like the signal got phase inverted for some ms .. very strange :/ only thing not the same since last time is that the axe isnt the standard soundcard choice under windows ..

is there anyway to get some other drivers to rule driver issue out ?
ill do some more tests but every tip helps :)

Hi,
here you can find all Drivers old & New...
try the older driver 167 it should help...
Important is also to set your DAW to 48kHz !
Plz check that is set to 48Khz... if not you can get this cracks and phase stuff...

no wlan in use. i switched settings in the driver menu one more time .. and crackles are gone .. idk what caused this but its gone for now.

If you are running a Mac, and you happened to download and install the Mac driver 168 on the day it was posted, please roll back to the 167 driver.

Cliff stated it was buggy, and was unintentionally posted. His words were "it should have never been posted".

Only windows guys should be on driver 168 for windows. All mac users should be on driver 167.

These can be downloaded from the Fractal Support page.

Again, if you happened to install the Mac 168 driver, roll back, otherwise you are going to crash your Axe II, Axe-Edit, and probably your DAW too.

no wlan in use. i switched settings in the driver menu one more time .. and crackles are gone .. idk what caused this but its gone for now.

Whitch settings have you switched? beocuse since my last update (driver 1.68 and fw11.03) i have the same troubles...
I use cubase 5 and winxp sp3.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom