Clicking noise / metronome type noise - not good

blackadder

I have noticed that my Axe Fx2 is producing a clicking noise. I have atomic clr, mfc 101, and fractal expression pedal for volume.

The noise goes away with volume pedal off, so I figure its not the Atomic CLR.

It goes away if I turn off the drive on the various settings. Now I didn't hear it but I also wonder if the drive block was just making it more noticeable.

Anyone have similar issues?

The noise goes away with volume pedal off, so I figure its not the Atomic CLR.
Does the expression pedal control a volume block in the AxeFX or are you using like a true volume pedal on its own with the Volume In/Out jacks? If you are doing the latter, I highly doubt its the AxeFX. Your guitar is picking up electrical interference.

Is the noise in time with the flashing tempo light on the Axe II? If so, it's likely clock interference from a MIDI cable being too close to a signal cable.

No , not with tempo. That is what I initially thought. I even updated the MFC and got rid of the tempo.

It was rhythmic enough to make me think it was the tempo....

Are you by any chance wearing a watch on your picking hand? Mine ticks loud enough to be amplified by the pickups if I'm wearing it. Sounds silly, but took me weeks to figure out thats what it was, and it was noticeably loud

Had the exact same stuff that last week, I looked for one hour, unplugged/replugged everything, tried with computer on/off but wasn't able to get rid of it.
it wasn't there the next day, so I am not sure what it could have been....
I am on a Mk I here on FW 8.01, no MFC, USB connection to computer, jack to monitors....

It doesn't happen until I am about an hour into rehearsal. So I am hoping it is not things getting too hot ...... I would think there would be far stranger or worse repercussions.

I am hoping it is just the presets I am using towards the latter end . Trying to run through in my head the setlist and what I use but I know the clicking is across a few different presets.

It's not the Axe-Fx. It's something in your rehearsal space and it's getting picked up by your guitar.

I will check it out. I appreciate the ideas and answers.

Any other things to check or ideas are welcome!!!

Thanks,

John

I will check it out. I appreciate the ideas and answers.

Any other things to check or ideas are welcome!!!

Thanks,

John
My electronic cigarette produces clicks too if I have it in my pocket.

I bet it's an electronic device near your pickups

I have often have this at home, never at gigs. Can be caused by anything: dishwasher, phone, etc.
I just don't worry about it.

In my previous house I always had it. About a 1 second period. Finally traced it to the ARB box for the water meter.

I had switched the the realtime sysex to none after reading a similar thread. That had no effect. I will try a few other remedies listed on the previous thread.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom