Clearing SRAM solves encoder problem

Checkyrtune

PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THIS SOLUTION WILL WIPE ALL PRESETS AND USER CABS. TRY THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK

If your encoder is randomly jumping values / not tracking properly, try clearing your SRAM. I did this a while ago and ever since my Ultra's encoder has been working perfectly, not a single hiccup.

ONCE AGAIN PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THIS PROCESS WILL CLEAR ALL PRESETS AND USER CABS. IF THIS IS A PROBLEM, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE BACKUPS OF YOUR SYSTEM, AND A WAY TO INSTALL THEM

To clear your SRAM

- Go to 'UTILITY'

- Hold down Page left&right at the same time

- Navigate down to 'clear SRAM' and hit enter

- Your Axe-FX will take a moment to restart, and all your presets and user cabs will be blank

- Have fun!

Yeah, I’m not certain of the technical reasons but it worked for myself and a friends Ultra as well.

I was just looking for a way to ‘zero out’ my unit but noticed that pleasant fix as a byproduct.

Hey, can't be said too many times. I expected this behavior, and now I'm trying to remember how to get Axe-Edit 1 to push the banks back to my Ultra.

BTW, this will clear your presets.

My encoder has been acting up for years. An annual spray with some deoxit makes it behave for several months again. That is until shit goes crazy at a gig.

Back
Top Bottom