Clear preset isn't completely cleared

For consistency and to win the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval...

When I use Preset > Clear Preset, the result isn't totally clear, for instance...
Screen Shot 2021-06-17 at 4.33.55 PM.png
Shouldn't all channels and bypass states be the same? And, it seems like the Scene Mgr should have all column headings be empty/unassigned.

I looked through several other "<EMPTY>" presets in different banks and they looked the same.

I also used the Preset Manager and cleared with the right click and got the same result.

For comparison, here's what it looks like in Axe-Edit III...
Screen Shot 2021-06-17 at 4.52.18 PM.png

Last edited:
If your preset was previously occupied by a built preset, remember to click "Save" before moving to other presets. Otherwise, the preset will re-populate after it's been cleared and will need to be deleted/saved again. Hope this solves your problem; not sure what to make of the errant channel designation.

If your preset was previously occupied by a built preset, remember to click "Save" before moving to other presets. Otherwise, the preset will re-populate after it's been cleared and will need to be deleted/saved again. Hope this solves your problem; not sure what to make of the errant channel designation.
I save after clearing whether it’s at the preset layout screen or in the Preset Manager.

I checked empty presets loaded from factory banks, and forced presets to clear different ways and there are similar problems on the FM3 and the FX3 as demonstrated by the two photos.

I save after clearing whether it’s at the preset layout screen or in the Preset Manager.

I checked empty presets loaded from factory banks, and forced presets to clear different ways and there are similar problems on the FM3 and the FX3 as demonstrated by the two photos.
It might be that like the FC Controller and Per Preset tabs, these do not require "Save" to maintain them. What does the Reset button do over on the right side of the Scene Mgr screen? I've not tried this myself, but you might wait to see if others have experience with this...

I'll check the manual in a second and try to determine if the Scene Mgr reset button will solve your problem...

EDIT: Could not locate any info related to the FM3 Edit Scene Mgr reset button. Will be back in a minute...

Last edited:
It might be that like the FC Controller and Per Preset tabs, these do not require "Save" to maintain them. What does the Reset button do over on the right side of the Scene Mgr screen? I've not tried this myself, but you might wait to see if others have experience with this...

I'll check the manual in a second and try to determine if the Scene Mgr reset button will solve your problem...

EDIT: Could not locate any info related to the FM3 Edit Scene Mgr reset button. Will be back in a minute...
You have to save the preset after clearing it from the Preset > Clear Preset menu or the context menu when right-clicking a preset in the Preset Manager.

The "Reset" button resets the columns for the Scene Manager to the defaults if you've changed them.

While I appreciate that you're trying to help, I'm way ahead of your suggestions.

And, to be clear, it's not "my problem", it's an inconsistency in the editors for the FM3 and the AF3, and is flagged as a possible bug because a cleared preset should have no state, it should be totally empty. Fractal will eventually comment one way or another and change the thread's status to reflect that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom