Clean tones with hum buckers.

I see.

Having never owned a real Fender amp, I have no idea where the break up point of these amps really is. If 4 on the dial is ridiculously loud then its no surprise that my Axe fx breaks up around 3.00 with Humbuckers.

Makes Perfect sense.

yeah i had a Twin 15" and i got it to like, 1 and it was too loud haha. returned that one pretty quick.

you can always reduce the Input Trim to reduce gain without changing tone.

ears not eyes. of course asking for clarification is always good! but generally speaking, just put the knobs where you need them to sound the way you want.

an opposite question comes up, trying to get a clean tone out of a Recto model. they just don't really do that. amps do what amps do :D

Early guitar pickups like on archtop and pedal steel guitars often had very low output, so early amps had a wide volume control range to compensate. Solid body electrics allowed players to crank the volume and not end up with just uncontrollable feedback so they experimented more with overdrive. Enter rock n' roll and the rest is history.

You can do it with the Recto2 Orange Vintage if you turn the Input Drive & Trim to 0 and raise the MV, but I had to boost the Level. Not my 1st (2nd, 3rd, etc.) choice for cleans.
I mean, sure. But with such extreme settings, maybe that’s just not the best amp to use for a clean tone. (Just replying to the concept presented.)

The Fender HRD has a linear volume pot, which means most of the volume is between 0 and 2. I heard this was to increase sales - kids would hear it that loud on 2 in the shop, and think man it must scream at 12....

I used to use a THD hotplate on the highest (lowest?) setting to get the power amp to break up. When I got Seth Lover humbuckers, I couldn’t get it to break up at all!

Ah, thank you Fractal. I don’t miss those days.

Back
Top Bottom