Clean model hit with drive vs OD channels

brokenvail

Fractal Fanatic
In the past I have used models of OD channels (triptek) with not a tone of gain then used Od/ drives to get more gain/ textures ect. Recently I have found that if I use Triptek clean and hit it with a Dist model I get a fatter tone. Any one else using clean models and hitting it with drive vs using OD channel models?

I build presets using the 4 amp channels, usually the same amp with increasing levels of gain on scenes 1-4. And then found out I’m mostly on the 2 lower gain channels and use drives to kick it up. This is the same as what I did with my tube amps. Depends on the amp of course but running this way sounds better to me. Smoother distortion.

Whichever approach works for you. Personally I just usually use a different amp model and don't use the overdrive models much because I don't get along with them. I use them all the time with my Helix but just something about them on Fractal does not do it for me.

Whichever approach works for you. Personally I just usually use a different amp model and don't use the overdrive models much because I don't get along with them. I use them all the time with my Helix but just something about them on Fractal does not do it for me.
Totally understandable.
Pretty sick when we are so spoiled with amazing distortion at every step of the way around here that some people can actually ignore the Drive Block If they wish.

Funny because I hate the helix drives lol. Def whatever works best for the user is their best practice

Back
Top Bottom