Clean ish Funky Clip

paulmapp8306

Fractal Fanatic
Dont get many low gain clips so heres one.

I should maybe have tuned the low E before I started though :oops: and Sunday morning playing is a little rusty.

Its a Dr Z and with just a tough of reverb. There are 2 gain leves (in the amp block) that I toggle with an IA switch. Starts off low, then goes high approx 2/3 of the way through (though I did hit the vol boost not gain boost 1st time !!!)

Its gonna get posted on Guitarists Froum too. Im determined to get some love there. So far Im getting coments like "better than the rest but still not convincing enough" or "vol dropps too much when you use the guitars volume to clean up the amp". I cant be the oly one there that can see the light :?

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?doc ... 3075750210

I have some propper song backing tracks (ie from released bands) - just google "free guitar backing tracks". There are a few different sites. Pretty hit and hiss though. Some are fantastic some terrible - most in between.

The other backing tracks (the ones ive used for my clips amongst them) come from 3 sources.

1. A have 4 "Total Accuracy" style CDs. Google "Total Accuracy" for the site. You have to pay though.

2. I have about 6 years collection of "Guitarist" magazine CDs. Most tracks are from their "blues Headlines" backing trakcs. Some are from their specials (that give you 8-15 tracks in a given genre).

3. Some I have done myself on Pro-Tools using BFG drummers, my Roland Phantom Synth, and my cheap Bass.

Not sure where I am on Copywrite. I deffinately couldnt send you the total Accurany tracks. I may be ale to send the Guitarist ones (Ill ask the question on their Forum), but could deffinately send you my own and the "free from the net" song ones. If you pm me an Email address Ill send a few in WMD format if you like.

Aaaaahhhhhhhh.... What a great break from the usual fizzy/crunchy metal clips!! Great tone. Great feel. Great playing. Nothing wrong with that tone there. I don't know what that other forum is talking about with it missing something because it's not missing anything there. Nice and warm with a touch of punchy/funky breakup. If you never told them that it wasn't a tube amp, they would never know. Good stuff. That clip actually gave me some GAS for a new tele guitar.

As far as the comment "vol dropps too much when you use the guitars volume to clean up the amp", I've found that can be fixed by just turning up the sag (provided your master volume is high enough). The more sag the poweramp has, the more the poweramp is compressed and it will clean up with the volume roll off without dropping in overall volume level. Of course, your tone/feel will change somewhat with that. Otherwise, you can put a compressor block in front of your amp block and play around with it so that your "amp" tone will be the same. The compressor on the Axe-Fx is stellar and fully transparent. Honestly, I don't know what those other guys are talking about. Remember, you're the one playing guitar. Not them. If you like the tone/feel, then don't change it. If they don't like the tone/feel, then they can buy their own Axe-Fx and tweak it to their liking. IMHO, there's absolutely nothing at all wrong with the tone. The only thing I don't like is that it's a google video and the quality isn't that great but the feel is there regardless.

Oh, and tune that E. LOL.

The "vol drops" comments was of another clip (the my first clip on here) I posted the day before.

Ive only had 1 comment on this clip - maybe they just cant knock it ;)

As for the video - yeh its not great. It does play everythime though - which my first links to "photobucket" didnt always go.

PLEASE tell me a decent video host and Ill knock some more out.

I know that Youtube now allows HD videos and they can be uploaded in stereo now. Dailymotion is stereo as well. If your clip isn't recorded in stereo, then don't bother. Listening again, the lead guitar sounds as good or better than the backing track guitar tone so that's all the proof there needs to be. Great tone.

Back
Top Bottom