Clean guitar on Everlong

Ive racked my brain trying to get that clean intro tone for Everlong by the Foo Fighters. Anyone have something they can share?

Rolling your volume back on your guitar, and playing lightly is super important for that part. It's not actually a clean-clean
amp being used, but a Fender Tonemaster. Humbuckers, and not single-coils, too.

I can get in the ballpark using the Triple Crest in the Fractal, and rolling the volume down on my PRS to about 3. The TC is
based on the Fender Tonemaster. And then just your volume up on your guitar and you get all the ROAR you'll need for
that song. :)

Last edited:

Rolling your volume back on your guitar, and playing lightly is super important for that part. It's not actually a clean-clean
amp being used, but a Fender Tonemaster. Humbuckers, and not single-coils, too.

I can get in the ballpark using the Triple Crest in the Fractal, and rolling the volume down on my PRS to about 3. The TC is
based on the Fender Tonemaster. And then just your volume up on your guitar and you get all the ROAR you'll need for
that song. :)

That's a great video! Never heard the female vocals and stuff. And the story about playing the song through a phone and then recording it the vocal again through the phone, wonderful.

Thanks! Can’t wait to try this out. I have been trying to get this ton on my Telecaster. Guess I will switch to the SG.

Good luck! Great song to play----unless you are a drummer!! :)

It's so cool that we have access to all the details from people who were in the room
when the magic was happening.

I use the Friedman Smallbox with gain rolled way back and a PEQ with aggressive high and low cuts. I can post a preset later today, but here is us doing this live a few weeks ago.

Here you go. I am using this with an EBMM Axis, but with Suhr SSH pickup in the bridge (not as hot as the stock Axis pickups). Should also work well with any PAF-style humbucker.

For the clean scene try the AC-20 1x12 IR, and for the dirty, I use a greenback (Leon Todd) panned left and a V30 (York Audio) panned right.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• SR_EVERLONG.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 42
Here you go. I am using this with an EBMM Axis, but with Suhr SSH pickup in the bridge (not as hot as the stock Axis pickups). Should also work well with any PAF-style humbucker.

For the clean scene try the AC-20 1x12 IR, and for the dirty, I use a greenback (Leon Todd) panned left and a V30 (York Audio) panned right.

Enjoy!
THANKS! Gonna give this a go!

Back
Top Bottom