Clean gaps in between scene changes?

Hi all - Quick question! Working on some new kitchen sink live presets, and am running into something I've never come across before... I'm using 6 scenes, one clean & 5 varying levels of dirt... Clean to any dirty scene or vice versa sounds normal; but switching between the dirty scenes gives me a 0.5-1 sec gap of "clean" signal.... no pops or odd noises; it just sounds as if it switches to the clean scene before another dirty scene- I've never experienced this with any of my presets; so I'm kind of at a loss. I attached the preset... any thoughts? Thanks so much in advance ! :D

Attachments

• LL AMPS 1.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 13
That's an exceptionally long gap... Have you actually timed it?

Does the switch you're using to change scenes also have a hold function?

Switches with an assigned hold function trigger on switch release and not switch press...

this preset loads at 88% for me on multiple Scenes. what is your CPU usage? that's too high and can cause problems like what you're experiencing due to the CPU slowing down at such high levels.

you have 3 drives, but can cut down to 2 by using channels for the scene where 2 drives are on at the same time. Drive 3 (the first one) only uses 1 channel of drive in any Scenes, so just put those settings on Drive 1 for example on an unused channel. This reduces CPU by 6+%.

Last edited:
this preset loads at 88% for me on multiple Scenes. what is your CPU usage? that's too high and can cause problems like what you're experiencing due to the CPU slowing down at such high levels.

you have 3 drives, but can cut down to 2 by using channels for the scene where 2 drives are on at the same time. Drive 3 (the first one) only uses 1 channel of drive in any Scenes, so just put those settings on Drive 1 for example on an unused channel. This reduces CPU by 6+%.
This is what makes the Fractal ecosystem great - people helping others!

Chris, yet again proving his legend status....
Screenshots_2021-08-29-13-19-16.png

Last edited:

Right... I understand and appreciate what you're saying, but I'm using an rjm GT22 with this rig, and like to have a lot of options at my feet for different drives on different scenes etc. I'm probably going to have to back it down and split some of it up in between two presets... but there are a few scenes with CPU usage around 70-75% and still have that "clean" signal in between scenes. And even switching between a lower CPU load scene to the highest CPU load scene which is the clean; its gapless- same from the clean scene to a dirty scene. It's only switching between dirty scenes is when it lags and is a quick clip of clean signal in between- and all the dirt scenes on my end are between 70-75%, only one dirt scene is above 80 and the clean patch definitely is as well :confused:

Right... I understand and appreciate what you're saying, but I'm using an rjm GT22 with this rig, and like to have a lot of options at my feet for different drives on different scenes etc. I'm probably going to have to back it down and split some of it up in between two presets... but there are a few scenes with CPU usage around 70-75% and still have that "clean" signal in between scenes. And even switching between a lower CPU load scene to the highest CPU load scene which is the clean; its gapless- same from the clean scene to a dirty scene. It's only switching between dirty scenes is when it lags and is a quick clip of clean signal in between- and all the dirt scenes on my end are between 70-75%, only one dirt scene is above 80 and the clean patch definitely is as well :confused:
i'll look again when i get home from work.

I’m using the same set-up with a MMGT22 and I’m noticing the same gap problem. I’ll upload your preset in a little while and look for similarities.

Ha! I can't believe I didn't think to try this sooner LOL - I just unplugged the rjm and changing scenes with the front panel arrows is smooth and gapless! :D Guess I gotta figure out what's up with the RJM - thanks man:cool:
I might have an idea. Are you perhaps forcing the Axe-Fx to reselect the current preset, and then select the scene? That would cause the preset to reload, which would cause what you're describing.

It looks like the Delay blocks can be consolidated too. By reducing the Drive and Delay blocks I got it down to 79-80%.

Back
Top Bottom