Clean Fender Funk with 8 scenes and envelope filters

simeon

Axe-Master
does what it says on the tin - axe fx II

here are the 8 scenes

1 - clean
2 - octave down + envelope filter (single notes only)
3 - envelope filter (feel the funk)
4 - grit
5 - solo
6 - deelay!
7 - chorus + delay + rev
8 - phased crunch

i haven't level matched the scenes, so some tweaking might be necessary for grit and solo levels
there is a wah - attach your controller pedal to it
there is a volume block (after the cab) - attach your other controller pedal to it if you want to

if the envelope filter opens too much, or not enough, go into Controllers>Envelope and tweak the gain level for your guitar

lots of options in this patch :)

Attachments

• Fender Funk - 8 Scenes.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 397
Last edited:
I had to re-arrange some things to get it to work on an XL+ without overrunning CPU. Even with the USB detached it was still pushing it in to crackle-not-okay territory.

Still...sounds AMAZING! Your phaser, delay and reverb settings are always glorious and make me want to play with more delay on, live, than I do at present. I'm going to try some of your settings in my other patch at rehearsal this week and see if a little ambience in my sound helps relax me a little more.

Any hints or tips as to what I can re-arrange to help with the CPU overload crackle on an XL??

Would love to try this as all of Simeon's previous presets have been outstanding.

try knocking the reverb that's set to high resolution down to normal, or try changing the cab from stereo ultrares to regular stereo, or just regular mono. that should do it. it was running at about 96% on my II with the usb connected, so i figured it would be fine...

try knocking the reverb that's set to high resolution down to normal, or try changing the cab from stereo ultrares to regular stereo, or just regular mono. that should do it. it was running at about 96% on my II with the usb connected, so i figured it would be fine...

Changing the cab to regular stereo was all I needed to remove the crackling. CPU ended up at 89%

Thanks for sharing.
Have been working on a similar patch, but still missing the juice.
Cant wait to check it out :)

Cheers

does what it says on the tin - axe fx II

here are the 8 scenes

1 - clean
2 - octave down + envelope filter (single notes only)
3 - envelope filter (feel the funk)
4 - grit
5 - solo
6 - deelay!
7 - chorus + delay + rev
8 - phased crunch

i haven't level matched the scenes, so some tweaking might be necessary for grit and solo levels
there is a wah - attach your controller pedal to it
there is a volume block (after the cab) - attach your other controller pedal to it if you want to

if the envelope filter opens too much, or not enough, go into Controllers>Envelope and tweak the gain level for your guitar

lots of options in this patch :)

Any 12 string blocks in your bag of tricks? I am in need .

Thx

yeah, i do use a bit of 12 string effect on my piezo acoustic patch. i use two pitch blocks in parallel. the first is a detune (one voice only) with the low cut at about 400hz and the second is a fixed pitch at +12 (one voice only) with the high cut at 2000hz. the idea of using the cuts is to try and make the shifts audible on the lower strings only and the detune on the higher strings only. kinda works ok if it's not mixed in too loud. remember to run parallel blocks at 100% mix.

That would be great except FX8 won't load two pitch blocks:( I don't know why.. I guess I am SOL as they say..
Thanks for your help..

Back
Top Bottom