Clean channel Avalon

Woland

Inspired
Hello,
I'm working with a very peculiar instrument, with an aluminum neck and the QTuner Pickups 2.0
Since I'll post a video soon showcasing both, I want to build a clean patch with a unique sound as well.
My aim is to have a very hi-fi, balanced tone (think a Millennia or Neve Amp straight to the mixer)
Nothing new, I know, but while I never had a problem duplicate many of the traditional amps, Dumble included, this time I can't make it work.
It's almost a week now, with no success.
At this point, if I'll be able to duplicate the sound of my Avalon U5, which is the most important part, the rest is gonna be a breeze.
Compared to the U5, the Axe FX II seems to stay always a little "behind" in the mix, and it sounds a little bit thinner and harsh.
I've tried everything, the tube pre without power amp section, fet boost, filter block…
I've also tone matched my Avalon but it sounds bad in the low register, it adds a room (even if it's set to 0%) and a subtle modulation.
I made a quick demonstration. First is Avalon, then Axe Fx (the closer I was able to get for now).

Now I'll take a break because my ears are fried.
Let me know if you have a suggestion.

https://soundcloud.com/fabio-mittino/avalon-vs-axefx

Thanks guys
f

Back
Top Bottom