Clean Amps sounding all alike..

Shelladelic

Inspired
I love my FM3 and love it so much for what I do..
Do you guys think the clean amps sound the same?
They're all great, but don't hear the difference sometimes..

Give an example of some amps that sound the same.

They can sound similar, but there are differences, especially depending on your settings.
ODS 100 sounds just like tremolo lux and vibrato Lux
Bassguy has just more bass.. Don't get me wrong still sounds amazing..

I haven’t experienced that myself, although I usually don’t spend a lot of time playing clean. Teles sound like Teles. Very distinct. For me I have noted I end up making every preset sound similar. They sound different but similar at the same time. A bad habit I know. Are you possibly doing that? Regardless, the character of the amp should still come out. Maybe push them a bit more. Still clean but closer to breakup.

Just like in the TUBE AMP world, many amps sound like many others. It is to be expected. I mean logic alone would tell you this.
I find MORE similarities between amps with a lot of gain on them - here and real amps alike..
I am being sincere here, how different do you expect GUITAR AMPLIFIERS to sound with respect to each other? Especially before you tune it to your liking, guitars, etc.?

Yes and no.

The amplifier part of the amp, when running linear/clean, isn't that significant of a difference. A clean amp is a clean amp, minus tolerance stacking and "flaws".

The tone stacks are going to make a difference, both how they're set and how they work.
The impedance curve you have set in the Speaker tab of the Amp block is going to make a difference.
The IR(s) in the Cab block (if you're using one) are going to make a difference.

If you're listening through a guitar cab (which it seems like you are), they're going to be more similar than if you were using different IRs. Because they're going through the same speaker, and the speaker winds up a big source of differences.

BUT....

Most "clean" guitar sounds aren't totally clean. Maybe yours are. Mine aren't. Normal playing pushes into nonlinearities and digging in certainly does.

Back
Top Bottom