Clean AMP simulation

jarabuandi

Experienced
Hi all,
I'm messing around with the Scene Controller. I was trying to simulate the clean channel that hasn't been implemented on a given AMP. I'm sure there's a parameter to do this but can't remember which one. Thanks for any help.

Probably Gain or input trim.

Thanks Chris, i'm not talking about the Gain. I think the Input Trim is the one I'm looking for. Not all the clean channel were implemented (think Friedman HB as an example). The gain itself isn't enough but the Input Trim might due the trick.

Feel free to advise differently if yo have a better idea. Cheers.

Which amp do you want the clean channel from?

There might be a better model in the axe to choose as a starting point.

For example, we don't have a clean recto channel, but the USA clean or tx star clean would (should) be closer than the recto orange with the input trim lowered.

Which amp do you want the clean channel from?

There might be a better model in the axe to choose as a starting point.

For example, we don't have a clean recto channel, but the USA clean or tx star clean would (should) be closer than the recto orange with the input trim lowered.

I usually wound't bother as I'd go for a fender type amp for my clean sound. I was just messing around with the Friedman HB and Scene Controller and wanted to go from clean to a lead sound utilising only one AMP block and Scene Controller.

I usually wound't bother as I'd go for a fender type amp for my clean sound. I was just messing around with the Friedman HB and Scene Controller and wanted to go from clean to a lead sound utilising only one AMP block and Scene Controller.
Input trim is great then, certainly where I would start with a scene controller to vary the gain of an amp through a number of scenes.

Sorry I thought you were trying to replicate a specific amp's clean channel which is why I asked which one in particular.

Input trim is great then, certainly where I would start with a scene controller to vary the gain of an amp through a number of scenes.

Sorry I thought you were trying to replicate a specific amp's clean channel which is why I asked which one in particular.

No worries mate..thanks for the input. I actually tried and used Input Trim on the Friedman HB this arvo and wasn't impressed with the end result. Will test a bit more tomorrow.

The HBE has so many gain stages that turning down Input Drive or Input Trim doesn't do the trick. The BE is (slightly) better at it.

The Dirty Shirley, and also the Small Box, do a better job of covering everything from clean to higher gain.

The HBE has so many gain stages that turning down Input Drive or Input Trim doesn't do the trick. The BE is (slightly) better at it.

The Dirty Shirley, and also the Small Box, do a better job of covering everything from clean to higher gain.

Thanks @yek....I wasn't overly impresses with the clean tone achieved, though it did clean up. I'll have another go at it and trythe other Friedman AMP's too. Thanks for your input.

Reading your amp guide on the Friedman HB yo mention the Mar Day Cab with V30 and Greenbacks. Are thouse the stock cab 60/61 ?

Thanks @yek....I wasn't overly impresses with the clean tone achieved, though it did clean up. I'll have another go at it and trythe other Friedman AMP's too. Thanks for your input.

Reading your amp guide on the Friedman HB yo mention the Mar Day Cab with V30 and Greenbacks. Are thouse the stock cab 60/61 ?

Indeed.

I think @Moke rebuilt the factory presets using scene controllers on a single amp block and a drive block to go from clean to "mean". I bought them about a month ago and they are brilliant points of reference for easily picking out a great amp tone.

I can't remember the web site I got them from but I'm sure Moke can help out with this.

Back
Top Bottom