Classic Rockin' with a Plexi model and lots of reverb

sonofthebeach said:
That sounds really great.

How exactly did you record it?

sonofthebeach

Thanks guys! I did this clip mainly to showcase a new guitar I got, a Hamer Talladega. The first thing I did when I got the guitar was plug it into my little super champ with a tubescreamer, and I immediately thought wow, this guitar must be the ultimate complement for a cranked vintage Plexi for heavier American-style classic rock tones.

So I just set up the most basic model using the Plexi 2 that I could, with the amount of gain you'd get in a real cranked plexi. That's all it is, a Plexi 2 with the master cranked and the gain about at 5 or 6, into a British 4x12 cab. The only other effects are reverb (a 'vintage' reverb between the amp and cabinet, and a light room reverb at the very end) and a wah (the clyde wah configuration from the Axe-FX wiki) before the amp for a section.

At the very end I threw on the Brown Sound factory preset for the rhythm tone, and changed the amp model to a JTM.

All direct via S/PDIF.

One thing I really like about the Axe is the ability to set up presets that really let the guitar do the work. That Plexi setup is a perfect example. It sounds totally different with other guitars and you can really hear what the Talladega has to offer.

Tally19.jpg

That's a sexy acquisition there. I was reading about it in Premier Guitar.
Very classy tune. Good variety of sounds going on with a cool song to boot. That was listening time very well-spent. :cool:

Sounds nice, but do work on your timing. It sounds to me like every instrument plays a different tempo or is offset differently...

Back
Top Bottom