AFIII Classic Marshall tone (+ patch)

ProgressiveRocco

Power User
What's up guys!
Here's my take on a classic Marshall tone using the 1959SLP Treble, I'm going for the raw, percussive bright tone of a 100w dimed plexi:cool: Works great for jamming classic rock riffs as well as some more modern stuff like the Foo Fighters! I'm using a blend of 3 factory cabs, no post processing here, all you hear is 100% AxeFxIII recorded via USB!
I've attached the patch for you to try out;)
Hope you like it!

ps. keep in mind I'm using my Kramer Baretta which has a very bright, aggressive humbucker. I had to lower the input gain a bit in the I/O page..tweak it to taste!

Attachments

• CLASSIC MARSHALL.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 742
Holy Christmas Batman. This is the absolute best preset that I've downloaded. I've had little luck with those that will work for me, but this one OUT OF THE BOX nailed my idea of the 'Marshall sound'. Crispy, but enough compression to make it *somewhat* forgiving. Welcome to my 'go to' for Marshall. I've tacked on a vibe, and an auto-engage Wah, and played for 2 hours in bliss.

Kudo's my friend. Well done. Very well done.

Edit: After reading the text on your OP, I have a pretty bright Les Paul, and no wonder it worked.

Holy Christmas Batman. This is the absolute best preset that I've downloaded. I've had little luck with those that will work for me, but this one OUT OF THE BOX nailed my idea of the 'Marshall sound'. Crispy, but enough compression to make it *somewhat* forgiving. Welcome to my 'go to' for Marshall. I've tacked on a vibe, and an auto-engage Wah, and played for 2 hours in bliss.

Kudo's my friend. Well done. Very well done.

Edit: After reading the text on your OP, I have a pretty bright Les Paul, and no wonder it worked.
thanks man. glad it translated well on your setup! My Baretta should have some type of Gibson humbucker in it actually, so this makes perfect sense ;)

Back
Top Bottom