Class-A 30W G3 and FW 18 Rotary

Got a baritone guitar the other day with a really nice chime.

Pulled up the Class-A 30W and spent some time tweaking the new rotary block.

The perfect combo, IMO.

Great sound! Just curious, for the Non Top-Boost Ac-30, are you keeping the controls at noon like the Wiki says? I usually just jump straight to the Top Boost because of the lack of Treble and Bass in the Non Top-Boost model. Curious how you get that chime!

Great sound! Just curious, for the Non Top-Boost Ac-30, are you keeping the controls at noon like the Wiki says? I usually just jump straight to the Top Boost because of the lack of Treble and Bass in the Non Top-Boost model. Curious how you get that chime!

I feel like a lot of the chime here is coming from the rotary settings, as well as the bullet pickups on my Danelectro baritone. This preset was tuned particularly for that guitar, but I'm happy to share it when I get home and you can give it a run.

I feel like a lot of the chime here is coming from the rotary settings, as well as the bullet pickups on my Danelectro baritone. This preset was tuned particularly for that guitar, but I'm happy to share it when I get home and you can give it a run.

If you wouldn't mind, that would be great! I'd love to give it a run thru. Thanks!

That is really gorgeous. I play baritone guitar in one of my bands, and those are the kinds of haunting tones that really move me.

I'm really digging having a baritone. Everything gets a little more emotional.
Yep. I have three baritone guitars : (1) Danelectro with lipstick tube pickups (2) Fender blacktop tele (modified with Duncan Lipstick Tube pickups) and (3) Gretsch doubleneck baritone+regular guitar with a Bigsby on each bridge (!!!). I tune B-B on my baritones.

The band in which I play baritone guitar is a vintage swing country outfit called "The 1 Uppers". There were two electric guitarists, an acoustic guitarist, pedal steel, bass guitar and drums. I wanted to make more space in the mix, so switched to baritone. There is a super cool musical vocabulary for that instrument, and it's a lot of fun to play.

Sounds good- I love baritones. I've got a parts Esquire Tele baritone guitar a friend helped me piece together last year. MJT body w/ (I think) a licensed Fender baritone neck, Nocaster pickup, Callaham parts, etc all bought used over time- tuned down to A. HUGE sounding..

Back
Top Bottom