Clarky plays da blues

clarky

Axe-Master
Blues is a style of music that I adore but very rarely play in public or record
I was asked to create this piece by Evolution Media Music for TV / Movie use..
it was soooooo much fun... I need to do more of this..

after a great deal of searching and experimentation in the interests of getting that authentic tone
the amp and cab choices were...
Herbert ch2- / F077: 1x10 Prince Tone Black Mix

enjoy

Awesome!

Not what I would have gone for first off in an amp choice, but you really nailed a blues tone. I'm going to have take another look at the Herbert.

after a great deal of searching and experimentation in the interests of getting that authentic tone

enjoy

You mind sharing that preset?

Here's the preset
Some notes:
- in the recording I did not use the compressors, delay or reverb when reamping.. the amp/cab tone was recorded dry and these effects were added within the DAW.. the compression, delay and reverb effects in the preset were therefore only used whilst I was recording the dry guitar part so I could get roughly the right feel and tone whilst recording the performance..
- the 3 rhythm guitar tracks [one left, one centre, one right] and 2 'slide' parts all used this preset with the amp settings untouched. The Different tones were generated by different pup choices and playing technique
- for the soloing tone I increased the input-drive to somewhere between 6 and 7

the guitar used for all parts was a 1978 Strat with:
- Hotrail at the bridge and standard single coils [pup selections used were Hotrail, hotrail out-of-phase and neck]
- Floyd Rose [used to mimic a slide guitar because I cannot actually play with a real slide]

Attachments

• Evo Blues.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Awesome!

Not what I would have gone for first off in an amp choice, but you really nailed a blues tone. I'm going to have take another look at the Herbert.
my initial choices were the more authentic amps from the 50's and 60's..
they sounded great.. however, this piece is intended for TV / Movie use and I felt that whilst authentic, those old amps lacked a little 'body'.. so after much experimentation I opted for the Herbert to do an a slightly more full-bodied impersonation of an authentic tone...

Right here on this old crossroads wasn't it?
:)
Thanks
Pauly

enjoy

Last edited:
Here's the preset
Some notes:
- in the recording I did not use the compressors, delay or reverb when reamping.. the amp/cab tone was recorded dry and these effects were added within the DAW.. the compression, delay and reverb effects in the preset were therefore only used whilst I was recording the dry guitar part so I could get roughly the right feel and tone whilst recording the performance..
- the 3 rhythm guitar tracks [one left, one centre, one right] and 2 'slide' parts all used this preset with the amp settings untouched. The Different tones were generated by different pup choices and playing technique
- for the soloing tone I increased the input-drive to somewhere between 6 and 7

the guitar used for all parts was a 1978 Strat with:
- Hotrail at the bridge and standard single coils [pup selections used were Hotrail, hotrail out-of-phase and neck]
- Floyd Rose [used to mimic a slide guitar because I cannot actually play with a real slide]

although extremely funny... I had to mend the auto-correct "Hotmail" pups... lmao

Nice work there, Clarky. You shouldn't worry about playing that out in public, you're doing it justice!

Gday Clarky,
I loaded it and had a go with a Les paul - sounded great and reminded me of the value of short time delays - thanks for that.
Pauly

btw - I'd be interested to hear how any of you guys got on with the preset I posted..

That was thoroughly enjoyable, Clarky! Thanks for sharing! Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m gonna go see if GeezerJohn will share some of that Texas BBQ.

Back
Top Bottom