Clark Kent's Perfect IR!!

Nice work Clark Kent. Really balanced sounding IR.

PS. Nice to see you here and active. I bought a Pod hd500 from you a couple of years ago and it still works as a midi footcontroller with my axe today. :)

Nice work Clark Kent. Really balanced sounding IR.

PS. Nice to see you here and active. I bought a Pod hd500 from you a couple of years ago and it still works as a midi footcontroller with my axe today. :)

Ahh cool! I spent sooooooo much time trying to make the cabs work in that unit but I gave up. It's ok through a real cab though. And a proper midi pedal for sure. :)

I sold my Ultra on m.net a month ago also. Now it's Axe-2 time but I'm living in Sydney now so will feel 10.06 for the first time when I return. :)

The beta is most likely same as the latest OH product.

Actually, the beta is different from the OH Mesa sim. I want to say the OH beta was a Bogner cab with the Celestion Vintage 30 in it. The Bogner IR has a bit more roundness to it. I find the Mesa cabs have a pokiness about them - great for cutting mixes, but I find blending it in with other cabs yields pretty good results.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem that the OH Beta is available any longer. The link went bye-bye a little bit back.

So here's a quick little clip of the FAS Modern II running through a combo of the Clark Kent Perfect IR and the Ownhammer Beta SM57 USA Modern 5. Just a little filtering and a small EQ cut post processing. Then a limiter to bring up the volume. Signal chain is:

All mahogany w/thick maple cap BRJ Jekyll 727 with BKP Painkillers - T808 OD -> FAS Modern II -> Stereo Cab block -> PEQ with HP/LP filters and a small EQ cut at 310 to get rid of some of the low end muddies. None of those frequencies are my buddies.

Sounds amazing, the Ownhammer Beta SM57 USA Modern 5 is not in Ownhammer Bogner beta pack (free) so where did you get that? Thanks.

Kevin? I summon you!

Lol, what am I, a demon? :twisted

That IR is from the "Public Beta Redux", which is still active, but not linked anywhere on my site:

OH Public Beta Redux

It's going to remain hidden because it's not permanently free; I promised to keep it up until I in some way sampled the Bogner 4x12 with V31 for a commercial offering, which I haven't done just yet. With that batch I believe was the prototype for the newest STD Series sampling methodologies. All things considered, however, I think it changed again when I sampled the Mesa V32 (in that the Mesa had 2dB less baked in low frequency EQ boost than the public beta redux, but I genuinely can't remember). I'm in another stratosphere with what I'm working on right now, so all that is old news, but still cool stuff there in that temporarily available zip. :)

Oh, one more note.

Any files I do that have "V32" as the speaker - this is one of the Vintage 30's that Celestion makes (in England) for Mesa to their spec. Yes, they are different. V32 is this.

Any files I do that have "V31" as the speaker - this is your run of the mill, everywhere else you find V30's V30. Made in China, sounds very different to the above.

This is a mouthful, so on the site I designate them simply as V31 = Chinese ; V32 = English.

The last year has been a whirlwind of experimentation, especially anything badged 'Beta' or 'Mystery-Meat'. Those will all be one of a kind, for better or for worse.

Clark- I'm really impressed with these IRs. They make some of my presets truly come to life!
I liked the voicing of the PERFECT IR you just posted but I made a little concoction of my own using a combination between this and your Orange D2. I attached it so let me know if you or anyone else like it.

Thanks! :razz
View attachment 14782

That combination is amazing thanks.

Thank you @bradlake for pointing that out. This "Clark Kent's Perfect IR" actually has a funny story behind it. First of all let's start with the fact that I have no idea what it is. I did it such a long time ago and I posted so many free IR's back in the day. I experimented with blending dozens of IR's together and adding match EQ etc. so it could be something very unrealistic but if it sounds good it is good. Second of all only after I got to know a few special "djentlemen" did I find out that Nolly (formerly from Periphery) has been using that exact IR as a go-to IR. You an actually see it on some of his video tutorials and in his IR folder "Clark Kent's Perfect IR" is still there. :)

Trust me though... THE BEST IR IN THE WORLD is better. It's the best after all.

Back
Top Bottom