Clark Kent's Perfect IR!!

compared to the cab IR i was using, a lot of bass frequencies were suddenly missing. i could definitely rework my presets to have it sound good.

it was very clear and punchy though and everything sounded "better" just not enough bass. i'm sure the missing bass stuff is actually good when playing live so it stays out of the bass and kick frequencies. maybe i'll duplicate some presets and try it out.

i also tried the 2nd IR with the orange cab mixed in and that has a bit more low-mids, so i'll try both. thanks!

Sounds great on the clip.
So I downloaded it and tried it.
But it sounds very bright and thin to me...

It's definitely A LOT brighter than the stock cabinets in the Axe-Fx. That's true. But... it's supposed to work pretty good on amp sims with everything on noon. And also another reason why it's bright is that it's easier to get a tone that fits in a mix. Generally speaking I wanted the IR to be neutral and flat. Meaning that if your amp settings are bass heavy you'll end up with a bass heavy tone. If your amp settings are bright you'll get a bright tone. If you've got flat settings you'll get a balanced tone. :)

I dunno how it's on the Axe-II but on my Ultra most amps sounded balanced and natural without tweaking with everything at noon. :) Over at Andy Sneap forum people liked them a lot with real amps at least.

Thank you very much, Clark Kent! This IR is very useful, it works great for many different styles, though I think it's better for high gain sounds.

Thanks for sharing, it sounds good all over the Axe II.. just some small Amp changes and it's there... Great Job!!!!!!

Tried and tested it for studio/FOH purposes. Must say you did an utterly good job. It certainly will stay in my 10 Cab Bank.

So thanks for your work.

Thanks for the good feedback! I'm still using this myself. Really makes every patch sound even more like real amps. :)

Tested: it doesn't work for me, I'm more for a rounder, and "middier" sound :)

Sure! It's a mix between the Rectifier and Stiletto cabs. Rectifier is a bit scooped and Stiletto has those mids so it's somewhere between. But generally speaking it's more modern than vintage.

Loved it Clark, Tried it last night with Mono Hires mode and in Stereo Mode with OH-Betas and Oh-Rectos as well. it sounds great with USA Leads amp sims

Can I ask,

Just how do you go about installing this on the AxeII?
I thought I did it right, placed the file in User1, but when I choose it, I get no sound.

Help?

Hey. Sorry I can't help with Axe-II issues.

However I made another "perfect IR" and this time I made sure that it's in line with the brightness of OwnHammer and Redwirez IRs. So basically... this IR is the sweetspot IR for Mesa Traditional cabinet (which neither OwnHammer or Redwirez offer). So have a go with it. It's working great for me... It was a perfect switch from Redwirez Mesa to this one when I A/B'd it.

IR's for gen1 and gen2 below!

Attachments

• Clark Kent NO.7.syx
    8 KB · Views: 210
Last edited by a moderator:
this one is more what I'd go for
thanks!
I actually blended your first one with the mad oak FAS r121 cab and it was pretty balanced.
I'll give this one a shot tonight :)

I'm sorry Clark, the IR for Axe2 doesn't load with snoize... probabily is not converter correctly? I find that axe2 Midi In LED doesn't light when receiving the cab ir

Nice! Thanks! Been trying this new one out more and I must say this one really is pretty good. SOLO 100 amp sim with this one... wow! :)

This latest one is really good. Thanks for sharing, Clark.

I had to convert the wave file to get any sound, though. Somehow the Axe wouldn't recognize gen2 sysex file.

Back
Top Bottom