Clark Kent's Perfect IR!!

ML SOUND LAB

Cab Pack Wizard
Vendor
DOWNLOAD THE IR HERE: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19579590/Clark Kent's Perfect IR.rar

This is something really special and I'm glad to share it for free and I'm sure you'll like this one. :) It's a perfect IR for me at least.

It's really versatile while both modern and vintage at the same time. What it is will be a secret but I will tell you that there's no IR blending in this to keep the IR clean. That being said... it's a cross between a Mesa 4x12 Rectifier and Stiletto cabinet. ;)

You don't need to care what it is. Just try it out and let me know if you're using it! I'm always looking forward to hearing clips. :)

That clip is being played with the Ultra on Recto Red with everything at noon except for master at 3. The other sound one is JCM800.

Last edited by a moderator:
As usual sounds great. Hope I have time later this weekend to really give it a good tryout. I've got family visiting from overseas for the next week so between that and work there is not a lot of AxeFXII time available.

No match EQ / tone match. :) I've been trying to figure out a way to get this kind of a tone without matching for at least a year. Matching is cool, don't get me wrong, but it's a different thing having something of your own rather than copying other people's tones. And also since it's not a match EQ'd IR it'll work better with all amps rather than just be tailored for one genre or something.

I made a versatility test with the PRS challenge. What it means is that I'm using one amp setting and just changing the pickup selection on my guitar and this cab/amp combination can do vintage single coil stuff, rock overdrive and metal and they all sound well balanced and to be honest... right for a mix. You most likely will not have to post process this if you use it in a song. Have a listen:

Last edited by a moderator:
It makes sense. I've done countless shows using one guitar cabinet, or a pair of the same guitar cabinets and I was plenty happy with it. I'm still searching for my perfect IR- maybe this will be it.

Thank you very much indeed....I like the first one better as it had less mediums and it fits better with my main guitar.
a very nice recipe! C'est formidable!
with SoloAweek's SRV voodoo preset its pure Magic! fantastic!

DOWNLOAD THE IR HERE: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19579590/Clark Kent's Perfect IR.rar

This is something really special and I'm glad to share it for free and I'm sure you'll like this one. :) It's a perfect IR for me at least.

It's really versatile while both modern and vintage at the same time. What it is will be a secret but I will tell you that there's no IR blending in this to keep the IR clean. That being said... it's a cross between a Mesa 4x12 Rectifier and Stiletto cabinet. ;)

You don't need to care what it is. Just try it out and let me know if you're using it! I'm always looking forward to hearing clips. :)

That clip is being played with the Ultra on Recto Red with everything at noon except for master at 3. The other sound one is JCM800.

Does that mean this IR is Standard/Ultra-compatible (even though this is the Axe2 user cab discussion area)???

Sounds great on the clip.
So I downloaded it and tried it.
But it sounds very bright and thin to me...

Back
Top Bottom