Clark Kent's JP Matches

I did mean what speakers you did use in that CK USA Trad SM57-MD421 01 ,like in this way SM57 was A1 MD421 was C1 and so on? And did you mean that Front of Demons you was use ,CK USA Trad E906-MD421 01 IR?

That USA Trad cab is stock so the speakers are custom "USA" V30s. All the blends in my Cab Pack have real life phase. :)

"In Front of Demons" was also an Alloy IR. IIRC it's the first IR in one of the E906 alloy folders.

Proximity on 0 in my presets. :)

I did mean what speakers you did use in that CK USA Trad SM57-MD421 01 ,like in this way SM57 was A1 MD421 was C1 and so on? And did you mean that Front of Demons you was use ,CK USA Trad E906-MD421 01 IR?

I checked and it's SM57-E906 01. But honestly I'm not at all sure what speakers those were. :)

+1 ? :roll - yes I would like to know too pls...They're sound great by the way...

I run a mono rig so I use the right side for extremely complicated routing options. There's no reason behind it. :) The reason why one IR might be louder could be that the original tone was closest before the match. Basically the IRs are normalized automatically.

What do you mean Clark ? Are there IRs in Cab Pack 7 that you modified the phase ? If yes, can you explain how or is it a secret ?

No modifications. Just natural. The phase we're talking about happens always when you use multiple mics. When you mix IRs they're perfectly time aligned which almost never happens in real life. You can use this as a technique intentionally to create more unique sounds... kind of what this bearded muscle guy is doing. :)

No modifications. Just natural. The phase we're talking about happens always when you use multiple mics. When you mix IRs they're perfectly time aligned which almost never happens in real life. You can use this as a technique intentionally to create more unique sounds... kind of what this bearded muscle guy is doing. :)

OK, in fact, I was not talking about comb filtering coloration. I wasn't clear enough.
When you plot an IR, you can get the phase plot of this IR. If you modify the phase of an IR, I don't think anybody could notice anything when this modified IR is applied to an amp sound but I'm not 100 % sure that's why I asked this (by the way, when I asked you "how", I should have said "why").

That USA Trad cab is stock so the speakers are custom "USA" V30s. All the blends in my Cab Pack have real life phase. :)

"In Front of Demons" was also an Alloy IR. IIRC it's the first IR in one of the E906 alloy folders.

Proximity on 0 in my presets. :)
I must say sir, your cab packs remind me of my captain crunch cereal before it gets soggy. "CRUNCH CRUNCH CRUNCH CRUNCH"

OK, in fact, I was not talking about comb filtering coloration. I wasn't clear enough.
When you plot an IR, you can get the phase plot of this IR. If you modify the phase of an IR, I don't think anybody could notice anything when this modified IR is applied to an amp sound but I'm not 100 % sure that's why I asked this (by the way, when I asked you "how", I should have said "why").

Umm.. well no there's no phase modification in post. It's all done naturally.. as in moving one of the mics further away from the cab. :)

Back
Top Bottom