Clark Kent - Zorly (FREE TEH IR's)

ML SOUND LAB

Cab Pack Wizard
Vendor

SM57 B5 IR from the TEH IR COLLECTION I posted a while back and no post processing. ;)

Seems to be mix ready don't you think? :) Feedback is welcome and I can share the patch if you want it. It's just like the real Mark IV at our rehearsal space... you really need to dare extreme GEQ settings. :)

EDIT: Patches added! All sounds can be found in SCENES but I also added the clean sound for non-SCENE users.

The IR I'm using is from this thread: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-user-cabs-irs/86371-clark-kents-teh-dollar-sound-irs.html and it's the SM57 B5 IR.

Attachments

• Clark Kent Zorly.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 60
  • Clark Kent Zorly Clean.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Clark -

I don't want to hijack the thread, but could you discuss what the differences were between your TEH series A1 A2 ... C1 .. etc.?

Thanks!

Sure!

A = left bottom speaker
B = right bottom speaker
C = right upper speaker
D didn't make it to the collection since it didn't sound anywhere near as good as the others. :)

After that it was just us looking for sweetspots. As you might notice here all speakers sound different although they go through several quality tests. The numbers do not represent any distance or measure because that's not how you find sweetspots. If you move a mic an inch you will most likely never hit a sweet spot because it's inbetween etc.

BTW - did I tell you how good they sound clean/pushed?

Yeah I heard that! That's basically the philosophy behind what I call a "sweetspot". When you have an even frequency drop-off you get a pleasing high end even with high volumes. I'm sure we've all felt that bee in the ear thing from time to time right? Well these are trying to kill that bee but without any artificial EQ compensation or studio trickery. It's just pleasing from the get-go and this way it's perfect everywhere. Therefore: sweetspot. :lol

I also liked the clean tone at the end a lot!
Is it also recorded with the Mark IV? Is it also the B5 IR?
Can you please share that preset too?

Hey Clark... you gotta post a zip/rar of your IR's for quick and easy access. I did a search for TEH IR COLLECTION and couldn't find anything.

I also liked the clean tone at the end a lot!
Is it also recorded with the Mark IV? Is it also the B5 IR?
Can you please share that preset too?

It's actually in the same patch that I have. I think it was the Lonestar Clean sim IIRC going through the B5 IR also. :)

Back
Top Bottom