Clark Kent presents: ICKOLOGY

ML SOUND LAB

Cab Pack Wizard
Vendor
Darn.. I was going to use the very same chord progression for the song I am currently working on.. Have to change it to avoid a copyright infringement claim from you buddy :D

Nice tune. Although it doesn't fall into the "progressive" category in its strict term IMO, the song is really good. Very much like your soloing skills.

Thanks guys!

Chronograph said:
Darn.. I was going to use the very same chord progression for the song I am currently working on.. Have to change it to avoid a copyright infringement claim from you buddy :D

Nice tune. Although it doesn't fall into the "progressive" category in its strict term IMO, the song is really good. Very much like your soloing skills.

Ha. I'm sure I'm not the first to use these chord progressions. So use them freely.

It's just metal for me. The second song doesn't have one 4/4 beat so I guess some might think it's progressive. :)

soularflair said:
That's cool, man :cool:
And I second that comment re: your soloing skills.

Thanks for digging my soloing. I used to be into shredding like hell but I like to play something more tasteful nowadays.

reverweb said:
like it !! very cool songs. I want know what you used in this tracks :D

Drums are SD2. Guitars are a stock pedal compressor, Full OD with drive 0, tone 5, level 10. Amp is FAS Modern. Can't remember the settings but really basic. Cab on the left is my custom blended RW Uberkab and right is my custom blended RW Mesa. Clean tones are Shiver Clean with those same cabs and compression. Reverb was made in post-processing.

The blend is too hard for me to explain. I can tell you that it has every mic and different positions etc. complicated stuff. Guitar tracks have no low cut. My global EQ settings take care of the low end.

Like it a lot. You did a great job recording and mixing this. I need to dedicate more time to learning how to write and produce stuff. I've played for about 15 years now and always just enjoyed "playing for playing's sake", but for me that always end's up just me playing covers or improvising stuff, but I've never really made anything original. Someday.

:shock:
Ok Clark,
now get you're hair grown, get some real coool clothes, train to play the guitar while singing (if you haven't already) and enter the stages ... :twisted:

I like this cool stuff with nice melodies, heavy guitars and not so nice rhythmic patterns. The concept reminds me of Faith No More (in a good way! I used to like them and still do). Way better that a lot of the boring stuff of regular metal bands you can hear elsewere (no offence to anyone here, I said elsewhere ... :!: :lol: ).

Keep it coming. Bring this to the masses! :twisted:

Equal thanks to all!

ricbob said:
Like it a lot. You did a great job recording and mixing this. I need to dedicate more time to learning how to write and produce stuff. I've played for about 15 years now and always just enjoyed "playing for playing's sake", but for me that always end's up just me playing covers or improvising stuff, but I've never really made anything original. Someday.

You should really try it. It's fun as hell and I've been doing this for years. I just decide to write a song and I know I can get it recorded by the end of the day. Not all of them are good but I can usually predict when they're good or average or whatever. Anyways IMO this is the best way to create a style of your own. Playing covers is the way we all start but at some point it wasn't good enough for me and it's a really good feeling to write a song and people actually like it.

michl_666 said:
:shock:
Ok Clark,
now get you're hair grown, get some real coool clothes, train to play the guitar while singing (if you haven't already) and enter the stages ... :twisted:

I like this cool stuff with nice melodies, heavy guitars and not so nice rhythmic patterns. The concept reminds me of Faith No More (in a good way! I used to like them and still do). Way better that a lot of the boring stuff of regular metal bands you can hear elsewere (no offence to anyone here, I said elsewhere ... :!: :lol: ).

Keep it coming. Bring this to the masses! :twisted:

Hahaha... you're crazy! ;) Well the hair thing won't happen. I'll end up looking like a geek. (just like most people with long hair) I can't play this hard riffs while singing but something more basic will be better. Anyways I'd love to just sing and create stage energy. That's the "shiz"! FNM is the "shiz" too. Patton is 110% cool! :cool:

I get your point that most basic metal bands are boring. It's all the same and it's been going on for 3 decades and I couldn't tell the difference between those bands unless they have somewhat original singers. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom