Clark Kent Match EQ IR Collection!! (free)

ML SOUND LAB

Cab Pack Wizard
Vendor
LINK: Clark Kent Match EQ IR Collection.rar

Hey, this is Clark Kent! Just wanted you guys to know that I'm doing this for free and you are free to use these IR's in your productions. What I wish for in return is that you simply mention my name when using these IR's. This is just to spread the word and to notify me if these have been useful.

This is NOT my full collection of matched IR's.

About these IR's:
They have been made using Overloud TH2 so if you use TH2 you will get the exact tone of these artists. Most of the time it's just the Rectifier Modern channel with everything at noon except bass and middle at 4 (4 as in 11 o'clock). Some tones are a Marshall like Paramore but I'm always using the same amp settings.

However these IR's most likely work with other modelers too. These IR's sculpt your tone in a very drastic way so what I've witnessed is that they make every guitar sound the same. So you can play a shitty guitar and it'll most likely sound just as good as professional recordings. Ofcourse it doesn't change a single coil sound into a humbucker.

Also I'm sure lots of Axe-Fx users will be interested in this collection. You guys are most likely used to tweaking a lot already so if the IR's don't sound right I'm sure a single PEQ block with a low end boost will do the trick.

I'll stop wasting your time now!

If you're using these in your DAW I suggest using Voxengo Boogex to load your IR's. Just set everything to zero in the program. It's FREE: Guitar amplifier audio plugin (VST) - Boogex - Voxengo

Clark Kent
email: clarkkentjob.band@gmail.com

As always, thanks for sharing man!

Just a quick question some users and myself had a spike in the high end , I just looked using alberts IR tool and yours look nice in that area (same as the ownhammer and other pro IR's)

do you use any high end cut in voxengo?

I put up and example of one I did compared to yours

Mine is on the left , yours is on the right

Attachments

• IR2.JPG
    IR2.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 109
Can someone convert these to Axe Fx II format? I can't get Alberts program to even open here.

Last edited:
I used axeomatic to convert .And thanks man of steel ,the few I,ve tried sound great

Last edited:
I converted a few but are cabs like the Slash appetite supposed to be so thin. I mean transistor radio thin?

I converted a few but are cabs like the Slash appetite supposed to be so thin. I mean transistor radio thin?
I can kind of see what you mean ,but I would say tight,But then I'm more into than upper mid tone .funny thing is the one's I converted and tried sound similar two all the ones I like from Oh and RW.

Hey guys and thanks for liking the IR's. :) About the Slash tone, it's very thin. I can't remember what song it's from but that's the way it sounds. However I've got a newer Slash IR from his latest album that is not thin at all. I can share it once I'm home.

About making the IR's, I don't usually have any problems. Some MP3 files use the kind of size compression that adds that upper spike. If you can't get a better quality file then I suggest low passing it.

I have a small favor to ask. The Periphery IR is should sound close to Axe-Fx stock Metal 4x12. Probably with SM57? Anyways I know Periphery guys recorded their album using the Metal 4x12 cab so I'd love to know what the difference is in the end. Could someone record a riff played with the Periphery IR and Metal 4x12 so we can compare them?

I have a small favor to ask. The Periphery IR is should sound close to Axe-Fx stock Metal 4x12. Probably with SM57? Anyways I know Periphery guys recorded their album using the Metal 4x12 cab so I'd love to know what the difference is in the end. Could someone record a riff played with the Periphery IR and Metal 4x12 so we can compare them?

Did anyone do this for you?

If so did you get a .syx? :D

Back
Top Bottom