Clark Kent Job - First Time (Official Music Video) [CHECK OUT MY BAND]

The headphones that you see in the picture are used reversed to capture the lofi intro for this exact song "First Time" so that intro you hear isn't coming from any of these mics but those headphones used as a microphone. :)

My first attempt to "mic" a cab (a combo I should say) when I was a kid was done with crappy headphones haha... It sounded a lot better than I espected :p

Ahh well you are obviously half man, half robot - why didn't you tell us? We're all friends here!

Hey Pauly! There's actually no pitch correction on the lead vocals in this song because we wanted to keep things as old school as possible. (that includes no triggering for drums etc.) :) In the chorus there may be some pitch correction on the backing vocals since I really want harmonies to be perfect. :) I do use a tiny bit of phase on my vocal sound so maybe that's what you're hearing?

Well we just had a vote...I said "maybe there isn't...oh yes there is"..."my daughter said 'he has no vibrato so it's hard to tell', and my wife said 'get that shit off' ...so.. Is it possible the producer did something without you looking?
Oh...also....now the melody is stuck in our heads....my daughter and I are singing the chorus, and my wife's saying 'you two shut up".
Great song!
Pauly

Ahh well you are obviously half man, half robot - why didn't you tell us? We're all friends here!

Well we just had a vote...I said "maybe there isn't...oh yes there is"..."my daughter said 'he has no vibrato so it's hard to tell', and my wife said 'get that shit off' ...so.. Is it possible the producer did something without you looking?
Oh...also....now the melody is stuck in our heads....my daughter and I are singing the chorus, and my wife's saying 'you two shut up".
Great song!
Pauly

Hahahahah well then it's working! :) Vibrato is not my thing. I think it's very rare to hear a vibrato that sounds good. The "robotic" sound comes from the phase/doubler that I use. Maybe there's a little bit too much of it. :) It adds a phaser type effect in stereo so the vocals are wider.

That was tight as fuck. I don't know why, but I felt reminded of Pearl Jam ("Even Flow") and Tool at the second part. Which gave me all kinds of weird boners.

That was tight as fuck. I don't know why, but I felt reminded of Pearl Jam ("Even Flow") and Tool at the second part. Which gave me all kinds of weird boners.

That is so weird. We get compared to Pearl Jam a lot and none of us have ever listened to them BUT we listen to many artists that are influenced by them like Incubus etc. :)

Thanks for the awesome feedback!

I love that black dahlia murder tee. Seems kinda out of place haha.

Only listening on my crappy work mono speaker, sounds good from what I hear though! :)

I love that black dahlia murder tee. Seems kinda out of place haha.

Haha I think that was a bit intentional. We do listen to heavier genres than the music we write and aren't afraid to mention it. :D For me personally Slipknot is probably the heaviest band that I really like.

Only listening on my crappy work mono speaker, sounds good from what I hear though! :)

That's actually something that I check nowadays since seems like many people have no other choice but to use the mono speaker on their laptops or phones so it's really important that the mix also works in that environment. Guitar balance is almost impossible to get working in both stereo and mono simultaneously when it's being panned 100% left and right.

Damn dude, that was flat out killer right there. Everything sounded just great to my ears. I haven't read what everybody else wrote. But if anybody gave you any kind of "shit", then I would tell them to post their stuff so you can "slam" it.

Damn dude, that was flat out killer right there. Everything sounded just great to my ears. I haven't read what everybody else wrote. But if anybody gave you any kind of "shit", then I would tell them to post their stuff so you can "slam" it.

Thanks you so much for the kind words and support but everyone seems to really like what it sounds like. :)

This thread may have changed our plans a bit. Our original plan was that we record an EP which we have and it has 5 songs of which we think 2-3 are "hit songs". We decided another song that would be "the best hit song" and this was supposed to be just getting people aware that we exist etc. but since people seem to really like this song we might get things rolling with this one. :)

Back
Top Bottom