Clark Kent Job - First Time (Official Music Video) [CHECK OUT MY BAND]

Outstanding quality, but it reminded me of Fred, which made me want to jump off my balcony to the beach below and let the surf carry me out to sea.:)

Music is good and the vocals are decent, but please stop with the silly Fred Durst dance moves and mannerisms. Seriously, does anyone really want to bring back Limp Bizkit?? Other than that, I liked the song.

Hahahaha! Limp Bizkit denotations are very much intentional. At 2:34 when I say "DO YOU REMEMBER" that cap that I have in my head is the Fred Durst signature Yankees cap. So it's kind of saying "do you remember that good sh*t? well... we're bringing it back!" :lol We also had another take that didn't make the cut where Irotlas was pointing out the Wes Borland resemblance. Here's a short video clip of that moment: https://www.dropbox.com/s/af604mocc8i0yby/borland.mp4 sorry about the retarted Finnish laugh by yours truly.

Thank you guys for the kind words! Let's hope word goes around and we get things rolling. If you like the material please like, subscribe and share to your friends. It really means a lot! :)

Everything other than that cap I liked!! That brim needs some serious bending, and if you see Kimi Raikkonen around his could use a serious touch up as well...sorry, coming from an old guy :roll

Bass is using Cab Pack 11: ML SV Bass Mix 08 and that's the only thing in there that is not "real". Guitars are a Mesa Mark IV into a Mesa 4x12 Traditional cab. No triggers used on the drums and no pitch correction on the vocals. Trying to "keep it real". :)

Check first post.

Thank you all for the support and kind words. We really put a lot of effort into this so it's really good to hear that it comes across. :)

I don't like music like this, but it sound REEEAAALYY REAALYY AWESOME. What's amp and cab did you used on record?

The guitars were not done with the Axe-Fx. It's a real Mesa Mark IV into a Mesa 4x12 Traditional cabinet. We did shoot an IR out of the mic up since it took as such a long time with all those different mics with intentional phase etc. I have it in my Axe-Fx but this one might be one of those that we keep to ourselves. It's the same exact cabinet that Cab Pack 7 is "based on". ;) So that's the closest you'll get to this type of a sound.

Check out Parabelle, Your Starry Eyes album if you like this song.

I love the guitar tone. Nice tone Irotlas! That kind of tone is one of my go to's. What mics did you used in the Stiletto cab? Just an SM57? SM57+MD421?

Mikko, why don't you play guitar while being the frontman? Live will sound fuller with two guitars. It's an aesthetic decision?
I hope you can keep the voice that high on a live performance! I hate when the singer cannot perform the songs live because he can't keep his voice "tone".

Thanks man!

I think we have pics of the mic setup, Mikko? For some reason I can't upload any pics in this forum :(

But we had 2x sm57, r121 and MD421, all in different speakers. And then just double tracked...

G'day Clark.. or Mikko... :)

Beautiful production - One thing that I didn't like however was the amount of autotune on your voice... a little too much robot for me, however that may just be me being old school. Well done!

Pauly

Here's that picture from our studio mic up for that cab:

CKJ%20STUDIO%20MIC%20UP%20(1%20of%201).jpg

That mic up was actually ridiculously hard work since we started with one SM57 out of phase with the MD421 to get "that tone" and then throwing in other mics one by one so that they fit both of those different phases and still sound good together. The end result is an extremely massive sound. No wonder we had the bass knob of the Mark IV at 0. :lol

The headphones that you see in the picture are used reversed to capture the lofi intro for this exact song "First Time" so that intro you hear isn't coming from any of these mics but those headphones used as a microphone. :)

G'day Clark.. or Mikko... :)

Beautiful production - One thing that I didn't like however was the amount of autotune on your voice... a little too much robot for me, however that may just be me being old school. Well done!

Pauly

Hey Pauly! There's actually no pitch correction on the lead vocals in this song because we wanted to keep things as old school as possible. (that includes no triggering for drums etc.) :) In the chorus there may be some pitch correction on the backing vocals since I really want harmonies to be perfect. :) I do use a tiny bit of phase on my vocal sound so maybe that's what you're hearing?

Back
Top Bottom