Clark Kent IRs for Axe Ultra?

setonend

Has anyone converted any of the TEH, Gift or the Dollar/Pound IRs for the axe ultra? I'm digging them on my II but our other guitarist has an Ultra and I want him to join the fun. Cheers

The gift one can be converted to gen 1 format but the teh ones can't.

This is it:

Attachments

• Clark Kent's Gift to Mankind IR Gen 1.syx
    8 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
The gift one can be converted to gen 1 format but the teh ones can't.

Why is this?

Fractal confirmed in a private message that the upcoming TEASER cabs will not be made available in Axe FX I format. Disappointing, but I understand the reasoning.

That said, I was hoping there would be a way for us to convert it to Axe FX I format ourselves :)

I hope cab lab live is able to convert them. Its really pissing me off. But I guess thats what fractal wants. Clever b#####d

AFAIK if you have IR's .syx files in Axe-Fx II format, you can convert them to Standard/Ultra format in 2 steps without owning or using an Axe-Fx II.

1. Convert to 32bit wav
Use JoJos_Sysex_IR-Converter_v1.1 to convert from .syx 'Axe-Fx II format' to .wav '32bit wav' file.

2. Convert to AF1 .syx format
Use Ownhammer Axe-O-Matic to convert from .wav '32bit wav' to .syx 'Axe-Fx Std/Ultra 32bit floating point (FW10-11)' format file.

AFAIK if you have IR's .syx files in Axe-Fx II format, you can convert them to Standard/Ultra format in 2 steps without owning or using an Axe-Fx II.

1. Convert to 32bit wav
Use JoJos_Sysex_IR-Converter_v1.1 to convert from .syx 'Axe-Fx II format' to .wav '32bit wav' file.

2. Convert to AF1 .syx format
Use Ownhammer Axe-O-Matic to convert from .wav '32bit wav' to .syx 'Axe-Fx Std/Ultra 32bit floating point (FW10-11)' format file.

JoJos Converter convert High-res format, NOT UR! If it`s in UR, you have to convert first with CabLab from UR (.ir) to High-Res.

OK so to sum up what I understand:
- Use Cab Lab to convert Ultra Res *.IR or *.SYX files to High Res *.SYX
- Then use JoJo's conversion tool to convert High Res *.SYX to 24 bit/32 bit *.WAV
- Then use Axe-o-Matic DSP to convert *.WAV to Axe-FX Gen 1 *.SYX

Can the upcoming Cab Lab Live be used in step 1? I am just considering if I should wait for that.

Back
Top Bottom