Clark Kent introducing MicRobot©

Yup this was completely DIY by myself. Right now I'm pitching the idea of turning this into an affordable product with any company that's willing. :lol We were actually joking with the idea with Matt already but FAS is most likely too busy for this.

You'll probably have to change the name a little. "Microbot" is already a generic term for small robots.

Nevertheless, I get that this was a joke and I found it funny.

Richard K., one of the guitarrists from the Band RAMMSTEIN, is already using a robot-driven Mic-positioning system for quite a long time in his studio.....nice idea, Clark, But you were not the first with this idea....

Panda Studios Microphone-changing robot | recording hacks

Sure I've read those articles myself when creating this robot. This is a bit different however. My robot moves the mic all over a 4x12 cab where ever you need it. Not just the upper speakers like the Rammstein robot and not like those other robots that don't move up or down. This is a prototype that I'm using but the final version will be able to do more than any of these robots can do at the moment. I'm talking about angles, distance etc. A speaker is a 360 degree object and miking with only a sideways movement is a huge limitation. :)

Cool! I saw Eric Valentine rocking something very similar a few years ago and thought it made a hell of a lot of sense!

Back
Top Bottom