Clark Kent: bR34K tH3 c0D3 (the bestest great song in teh woorld)

I love the Nu Metal vibe. Sounds a little heavy in the 200-450Hz area. It's kinda drowning out the bass guitar and sounding like a towel over the guitars. [perhaps it's my monitors or maybe i've got a touch of cold coming along.

Other than that I'd LOVE to hear it again with some vocals.

I love the Nu Metal vibe. Sounds a little heavy in the 200-450Hz area. It's kinda drowning out the bass guitar and sounding like a towel over the guitars. [perhaps it's my monitors or maybe i've got a touch of cold coming along.

Other than that I'd LOVE to hear it again with some vocals.

You're probably right. Honestly I was too lazy to mix so there's no post processing on guitar or bass. :)

Great tune! may I ask one thing:
How did you sync the tempo of the effect that comes in at 1.30 ? Is it the AXE effect?

I tried doing something similar, but the problem is that AXE does not sync the tempo to the downbeats.

Great tune! may I ask one thing:
How did you sync the tempo of the effect that comes in at 1.30 ? Is it the AXE effect?

I tried doing something similar, but the problem is that AXE does not sync the tempo to the downbeats.

Yeah sure. That effect is a Univibe. So use the phaser block in Classic Vibe mode in front of the amp and to get the timing correct you need to set the right tempo in patch. In this case it's 102bpm. So then what I do is set the phaser tempo to 1/16 note in the phaser block and it's there. I have a lot of depth and feedback to really create that rhythmic thing with a phaser and 100% mix. I'd love to get a matched real Univibe though but that works just great for me right now. :)

Yeah sure. That effect is a Univibe. So use the phaser block in Classic Vibe mode in front of the amp and to get the timing correct you need to set the right tempo in patch. In this case it's 102bpm. So then what I do is set the phaser tempo to 1/16 note in the phaser block and it's there. I have a lot of depth and feedback to really create that rhythmic thing with a phaser and 100% mix. I'd love to get a matched real Univibe though but that works just great for me right now. :)

Cool, but what i don't get is how it is right on the beat. Last time i tried to do this it was on the same tempo, but the beat was offset a little and there is no way to sync it to the beat.

Cool, but what i don't get is how it is right on the beat. Last time i tried to do this it was on the same tempo, but the beat was offset a little and there is no way to sync it to the beat.

Hmm... I didn't actually even concentrate on that. Maybe if you start playing it first to hear it's rhythm and then press record you get it synced. But seriously I didn't even think about it. It just worked. And I even doubled that part so it's two guitars going in sync straight away. :)

I really like it.

I feel like it could be even better if the bass got a bit nastier during the heavy riffs? It sounds awesome for the clean parts though :p

Sounds great man. What amp did you use?

This sound is all about the IR which is the OwnHammer V32 Mesa SM57 British Vintage #3. I tried several amps for this and ended up using the 5153 Red. The settings are actually almost all at noon.

There's just something really scratchy going on with the Axe-Fx right now. You can hear it pretty easily in a mix. The picking sound is simply not smooth and round but almost like the high transients are separated of the low transients and the amp presence just pokes out when doing rhythmic muting like f.ex. 0:27 in this clip. Those little rhythmic mutes are an essential parts of my playing and for some reason they sound like clams when they should sound like "attitude". It's really hard to explain what it is but I think it's something to do with the dynamics. Almost like the noise level is unrealistically low so the dynamic range has a bigger contrast and I can't really make dynamic scratches with a pick. I just started using Friedman HBE for my rhythm tone and I think that's probably one of the only metal amps in the Axe-Fx that allows me to have that "dynamic attitude" thing without everything poking out in the mix.

I've been thinking about going back to the firmware where Cliff did the MIMIC (is it fw10?) because I feel like all the changes after that must've messed things up somewhere. I never struggled with my tones back then. It's simply not as much fun now.. :/

I really like it.

I feel like it could be even better if the bass got a bit nastier during the heavy riffs? It sounds awesome for the clean parts though :p

That's true! The bass is all clean in this song and dynamic so it not cutting through as hoped. :)

Back
Top Bottom