CL3 Plugin Frustration Thread

Discussion in 'Cab-Lab Products' started by vstrattomusic, Dec 27, 2017.

1. vstrattomusic

vstrattomusic
    Expand Collapse
    Rookie

Seriously, do you guys know any way to make Cab Lab 3 work better? The problem is that is seems to need way more CPU power than others, making it very annoying to attempt to record and test different IR combinations at the same time. I don't have an Axe FX by the way, it's all plugins.

It won't work with Reaper for me, so I bought Studio One 3 just to use this, but CL3's performance is still terrible compared to other plugins, even worse, I don't need to load Fractal's exclusive Ultra-Res IR's, I can load a normal IR that works fine in Recabinet 5 and it will start crackling like hell in Cab Lab 3 unless I give up some latency and increase buffer size, this has happened in two computers, a pretty powerful desktop and my weak-but-powerful-enough laptop which is what I'm attempting to use now.

This is the only plugin that has given me frustration like this, man, I have bought some Cab Packs and I want to play around with them, they sound so good, but I'd like to be able to play with at least 4 instances while having playable latency, but I can barely have 1 or 2 like this, and even then there's the ocassional pops and cracks!

Not much room for experimenting, I have been digging at this for MONTHS, new drivers, BIOS firmware, all kinds of fixes, and ALL of the plugins seem to benefit from it, except THIS ONE, which is the one that I'm doing all of this for.

Please help :(

2. unix-guy

unix-guy
    Expand Collapse
    Fractal Fanatic

Have you tried opening a support ticket with Fractal?

3. vstrattomusic

vstrattomusic
    Expand Collapse
    Rookie

Well, this is a bit embarassing, but no, I haven't. I'll go see maybe they have a solution!

unix-guy likes this.
  4. Rex

Rex
    Expand Collapse
    Legend!

Yeah, definitely contact Fractal support. The fact that you can’t get it working with Reaper indicates that something isn’t set up right. Cab-Lab works fine with Reaper.

5. vstrattomusic

vstrattomusic
    Expand Collapse
    Rookie

Nope, they can't do anything, I was pretty much told that but that they would look into it for future versions :(

I'm half-angry at this, on one side, I paid for it and many Cab Packs and want to use it, on the other side, I bought a Helix and it beats the crap out of anything plugin. So, problem half solved?

6. bradlake

bradlake
    Expand Collapse
    Fractal Fanatic

Just curious. Were you using cab lab as a stand-alone. Or as a plug-in in your DAW which I think is the preferred technique in this case...?

7. vstrattomusic

vstrattomusic
    Expand Collapse
    Rookie

Plugin in my DAW. 64 bit plugin in 64 bit Studio One 3.

8. rhummellh

rhummellh
    Expand Collapse
    Apprentice

Been trying to decide whether to buy Cab Lab 3 standalone or plugin. I also have Reaper. But after these last few posts, still not sure but maybe leaning towards stand alone. I'm using W10, 64 bit. One says plugin works with Reaper, another says it doesn't. Any additional guidance would be much appreciated. Have the demo version for now.
    Thanks,
    Rich

9. Rex

Rex
    Expand Collapse
    Legend!

Cab-Lab plugin works fine with Reaper. That's how I beta-tested it.

rhummellh likes this.
  10. rhummellh

rhummellh
    Expand Collapse
    Apprentice

Thanks, Rex. Stand alone it is.

11. rhummellh

rhummellh
    Expand Collapse
    Apprentice

I meant plug in it is, lol

Rex likes this.
  12. Rex

Rex
    Expand Collapse
    Legend!

;)

13. Robboman

Robboman
    Expand Collapse
    Fractal Fanatic

Just want to mention as FYI for FAS.. I finally bought CabLab 3 but, because of this thread, I decided to get the standalone only, no plugin bundle.