CL3 feature request : having more plot functions

Clive

Experienced
The IR plot in the time domain is available like the magnitude response plot in the frequency domain but it would be cool to have the phase response plot in the frequency domain too.

It'd be even cooler if I knew what the hell you were talking about. :)

Something like this :

attachment.php

Attachments

• Plots.jpg
    Plots.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 126
I honestly don't know what you do with that phase information. Is there something practical you do with it?

I honestly don't know what you do with that phase information.

And honestly, do you really know what to do with the magnitude response plot or the IR plot (which are available in CL3) ? I think most of people don't really care about it, they design their sound with their ears much more than with their eyes. But don't get me wrong, I don't say it's a bad thing.

Is there something practical you do with it?

There is no impulse response if there's no phase response. An IR is not just an eq curve. The phase reponse is as important as the magnitude response. In Cab-Lab, the processing mode parameter and the way you mix IRs have an influence on the IR in the time domain and on the frequency domain (magnitude + phase). Having all these graphs is interesting in that it enables to visualise every modification you make, to understand when things go wrong.

I know what to do with the magnitude graph. I know what to do with the frequency graph. I was asking what you would do with the phase graph? I wasn't attacking your idea.

Back
Top Bottom