Citrus RV 50 Version

Slammin Mofo

Inspired
I've read that Cliff has used the MK I version of the Orange Rockerverb 50 with 4 x 6V6 power amp tubes. However, the default power amp tubes in the Axe FX II model of said amp are (2) x EL34. Was the MK II version purchased in the meantime to replace the MK I version, or was there never an MK I in the Axe FX II to begin with?

I'm asking because the consensus among Rockerverb owners seems to be that the older MK I version had a better, more special sound to it than it's successor and I'm uncertain if this change in sound could be solely attributed to the power amp tube swap from 6V6 to EL34 (as the specs on the Orange website would suggest).

Either way, it sounds great and I keep going back to it when I'm tracking. Sounds great in a mix.

It does sound great, has that typical Orange tone to it. But I'm still wondering if changing the power tubes to 6V6 inside the Axe FX would transform the amp from MK II to MK I?

It does sound great, has that typical Orange tone to it. But I'm still wondering if changing the power tubes to 6V6 inside the Axe FX would transform the amp from MK II to MK I?

Never got into the Orange stuff. what Cab do you use? stereo or mono? thanks!

Back
Top Bottom