Circular Delay Help

deakle

Experienced
I am trying to set up a circular delay using the Mega Tap Delay. What I want to accomplish is to have 3 taps; one set at 292 ms and panned to the right, a second tap set at 594 ms and panned to the left, and the third tap set at 888 ms and panned to the middle. I want it to sound as if the delay is traveling in a circle. I have read through Simeon’s posts on delays (excellent info by the way), but cannot seem to set this up. When I look at the settings for the Mega Tap Delay, I do not see a way to set delay times for each tap, or a way to pan each tap. Am I going about this the wrong way? Can anyone offer some help? I am using an Axe FX II XL+ on the latest firmware.

Maybe try a MULTIDELAY set to the QUAD-TAP type with the fourth tap’s level set to 0?

Attachments

• Circular Delay Test_20171124_193443.blk
    461 bytes · Views: 27
h.c.e. posted a good block for it. if you want the delay to keep cycling round, then just turn up the feedback parameter for tap 3

I am trying to set up a circular delay using the Mega Tap Delay. What I want to accomplish is to have 3 taps; one set at 292 ms and panned to the right, a second tap set at 594 ms and panned to the left, and the third tap set at 888 ms and panned to the middle. I want it to sound as if the delay is traveling in a circle. I have read through Simeon’s posts on delays (excellent info by the way), but cannot seem to set this up. When I look at the settings for the Mega Tap Delay, I do not see a way to set delay times for each tap, or a way to pan each tap. Am I going about this the wrong way? Can anyone offer some help? I am using an Axe FX II XL+ on the latest firmware.
I've spent way too much time dialing in the Axe Fx to sound as close to the old PCM70 as possible. I have that sound incorporated as the second multidelay block in this preset: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/steve-lukather-cae-3-se-preset.108431/

Thanks for all the helpful comments and the posted block! Had no time over the holiday, but I am looking forward to putting all the assistance provided to use. Thanks to all!!!

I've spent way too much time dialing in the Axe Fx to sound as close to the old PCM70 as possible. I have that sound incorporated as the second multidelay block in this preset: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/steve-lukather-cae-3-se-preset.108431/

I can vouch ... ! The blocks for both the Circular Delay and the Panned Delay are eerily accurate when compared directly to the presets that Lukather used to use ... !

If that's not exactly the sound you're going for, I would think that by just adjusting the individual delay times ( but NOT the other parameters ), you should be able to get whatever you need ....

GOOD LUCK !

Back
Top Bottom