AFIII Chuggnus Quick Mix Test

Brutal as always! What are the main differences you're noticing with Chuggnus?
I actually wasn't loving the low end for high gain in FW15, seemed a bit loose / muddy for me. That is DEFINITELY fixed now! I think this is the best the lows have ever been. They're punchy and present but not loose and have a nice 3D / movement. The highs are grindy and organic in a really cool way as well, although I'm having to dial things quite a bit higher on the treble / presence than before. It seems less compressed / more lively.

I actually wasn't loving the low end for high gain in FW15, seemed a bit loose / muddy for me. That is DEFINITELY fixed now! I think this is the best the lows have ever been. They're punchy and present but not loose and have a nice 3D / movement. The highs are grindy and organic in a really cool way as well, although I'm having to dial things quite a bit higher on the treble / presence than before. It seems less compressed / more lively.
That's awesome! I've always fought the high gain amps with feeling just a tad compressed. They've always sounded amazing but excited to fire this up and feel the changes!

Christ almighty listen to that low end grind! What guitar and amp model is that?
That sounds killer. To echo what 2112 said, what guitar and amp/cab?!
Sounds really great!!!

Thanks friends! Guitar is my 'custom' parts guitar baritone - It's a Fender Jim Root Jazzmaster body (mahogany) with a 28.5" Warmoth roasted maple neck, Bareknuckle Juggernauts wound like the 8 string set. Amp was the 5153 Red boosted with a Tubescreamer mixed at 50%, cab was a mix I made in the Mikko MegaDjent plugin. I had to crank up the Presence quite a bit more than I normally would to get it grindin'.

care to share the preset? also, is there an octave on the single notes or are you fretting those?

I can't share the preset because it uses an IR mix I made from the Mikko plugin. It's super simple tho!

Tube Screamer gain down volume up mix 50% > 5153 Red (settings below) > IR which is similar to ones in the MegaDjent pack

There is no octaver on the low notes if that's what you mean! Probably the bass and there is some synths and stuff.

2021-02-22_8-32-55.png

Back
Top Bottom