Christmas Tonematch : Reza Moosavi's Diezel (9.02)

speedloader

Inspired
Hi, so there's that guy on youtube who makes great, maybe the best, amp playthroughs. Reza Moosavi, or RezaMatix. I used my VH4 settings to tonematch his Herbert/Uberkab playthrough, with the mid cut activated on the Herbert, and added the kind of effects Reza uses, a dark delay, a chorus and a crystal pitch as he used one on his VH4 playthrough. The Herbert video sounded better, hence I didn't tonematch his VH4.

To begin with, let's start with my global settings :

noisegate offset -33db
amp gain +6db

I managed to make a 7 channels VH4 based on 3 scenes with different chan3/4 gain levels, a fake crunch/dirty mode on each scene, hence with their own gain levels from almost clean to almost heavy, and an universal clean channel, when the amp block is bypassed. I needed 9 modifiers to make it work and as a result, the CPU activity is jumping up from time to time, so pay attention to those jumps if you want to add more effects to the patch.

christmas_diezel.jpg

The Scene 1 is a medium high gain Ch3.
The Scene 2 is a heavier high gain Ch3.
The Scene 3 is a full high gain Ch4.

The control 1 bypasses the amps and is the fake clean channel you can access from any scene.
Right above it, the pitch can be activated independently but only heard when the control 1 is active. So the pitch is only heard with the clean tone.

The control 2 lowers the input and scoops the signal in front of the amp to make the fake crunch channel. On scene 1, it is almost clean, on scene 3 in the mid gain territory. The control 1 deactivate the scoop to make sure activating both controls only result in the same clean tone.

The chorus works like the pitch, but for the control 2. Which means it can be activated independently yet only audible on the fake crunch channels and fake clean channels.

The delay is fully independent and is 300ms short on the scene 1, 600ms on the others. The heavier tones only have access to that effect.

Christmas diezel.syx is the patch - diezel.syx the cab.

Quick demo of the possibilities

Attachments

• CHRISTMAS DIEZEL.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 41
  • DIEZEL.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 39
Back
Top Bottom