Christmas Eve/ Sarajevo 12/24 live

bishop5150

Fractal Fanatic
In honor of Christmas coming up next week here is a video of my Ozzy tribute performing the Savatage/ Trans- Siberian Orchestra classic Christmas Eve/ Sarajevo 12/24. Fun song to play but tough to pull off live with just one guitar player, keyboard player, bass player and drummer. Thought it went pretty well though. AX8 direct to FOH. Enjoy and Merry Christmas to my Fractal family!

Last edited:
Your 5153 preset is the first one I've been able to set up without any tweaking. I threw my fav cab IR combo on the Y just to see the difference and like the factory cabs you use. Great tone!!!

Your 5153 preset is the first one I've been able to set up without any tweaking. I threw my fav cab IR combo on the Y just to see the difference and like the factory cabs you use. Great tone!!!
Those two factory cabs together give me the closest sound to my real EVH 100 watt halfstacks.

Those two factory cabs together give me the closest sound to my real EVH 100 watt halfstacks.

I’ve got a stash of presets I’ve developed that I use to record or listen to at low lower levels. When I’ve turned all the way up with my Xitone I thought they sounded ok. Yesterday jumped over to your preset with the factory cabs and WOW!!! That thing pushed my Xitone into real cab territory and has now provided a bench mark for me to try to achieve with my Marshall models. The pronounced mids sound a lot different when it’s cranked and driving the speaker. I may convert to a 5153 guy. I am really floored at how awesome it sounded and excited knowing that I’ll need to go back in and set a new bank of my presets.

At lower volumes, loud but not rehearsal loud, the preset comes off as very midrange voiced. Even sounded thin in the low end. But man it moves air at proper level. Watch me.... I may change my name to Bman 5153

Wife went to the gym so I snuck in some LOUD time. I really thought EQ'ing my preset would be the recipe. Nope.... It's the IR. I used the same factory IR 161 & 162 (5153 cabs), screen shot your cab proximity settings and set it as my Y cab. Night and Day at that volume. But recording or 'wife approvable' volume levels and I like the IR combo from my X setting, which is OH 412 MRBW RAW OH1-M+ & OH 412 MRBW RAW CUT +121.

I don't spend too much time screwing around with IR's so I feel like I'm behind the curve. But this was a great lesson for me to learn that I need a LOUD or Live IR and they don't necessarily translate to a lower volume that well.

Anyone know what the speakers are in the F161 & F162 IR's? Is it the EVH 25's?

Wife went to the gym so I snuck in some LOUD time. I really thought EQ'ing my preset would be the recipe. Nope.... It's the IR. I used the same factory IR 161 & 162 (5153 cabs), screen shot your cab proximity settings and set it as my Y cab. Night and Day at that volume. But recording or 'wife approvable' volume levels and I like the IR combo from my X setting, which is OH 412 MRBW RAW OH1-M+ & OH 412 MRBW RAW CUT +121.

I don't spend too much time screwing around with IR's so I feel like I'm behind the curve. But this was a great lesson for me to learn that I need a LOUD or Live IR and they don't necessarily translate to a lower volume that well.

Anyone know what the speakers are in the F161 & F162 IR's? Is it the EVH 25's?
Eddie’s Celestion G12EVH speakers.

Back
Top Bottom