Chris Squire - RIP

Adinfinitum

Experienced
It is with unimaginable sadness that I report that Chris Squire, bass player for YES, succumbed to cancer. A devastating loss to music. Even if you are not a prog rick fan, most likely, many of your favorite bass players were influenced by him.

How very sad indeed. He was a genius level player and had a great influence on me personally... and I'm not even a bassist, I'm a guitar rocker!

Really? Wow. Only saw him about a month ago. Playing well and his Rick could still rip your head off at 30 yards. Shame.

Bummer! I'm a big Yes fan and loved Chris Squires playing and vocals. What a loss! I saw them in April 2013 and was thrilled by their and his amazing playing. He was still playing his triple-neck guitar. I'm so bummed. RIP Chris.

Definitely sad news. Close to the Edge, Fragile and Relayer are some of my formative albums. Was he currently playing with Yes live or did they get a touring bassist? I know they have a summer North American tour scheduled.

Deeply saddened. I started out as bass player, highly influenced by Chris Squire's style and sound...even purchased a Rick (which I still have) soon after the release of Fragile. His sound was so fresh and sophisticated at the time…simply magical.

Back
Top Bottom