Chris Cornell..... :(

My four favorite voices/songwriters that sprang from the '90s are now gone. Chris Cornell, Andrew Wood, Layne Staley and Kurt Cobain.

Some of Cornell's best work is on the Temple of The Dog album. ...the album was Cornell's idea - to write original songs as a tribute to Andrew Wood, who had recently died. The band contained members of Andrew Wood's band, Mother Love Bone and members of Sound Garden. People know the radio hit, "Hunger Strike", but the whole album is very inspired.

Chris Cornell had a great voice to the end. His acoustic shows were great.

Reactions: yek
Larger than life voice, great lyricist and a prominent member of three of the most important rock albums in the past thirty years. Devastating news.

Truly the voice of a generation. Rest in Peace.
Whereas normally that would be a trite, awful cliché, it's incredibly appropriate in his case. Grunge was happening just as I was turning 16-17 and then going to college. Soundgarden and Chris' voice was an integral ingredient in what would shape my musical tastes for the rest of my life.

Having a hard time with this one. I don't think I've been affected by a musicians passing as much as his. Really enjoyed everything he was a part of.

Wow. Wife just told me. Skipped over here to the lounge/obituary section to see it's old news.

My wife asked - why , who's he ? To which I said , Just one of the greatest singers of all time. Very sad. A great loss to the music world

This is horribly sad. He is my favorite vocalist. I just went on lunch at work and saw this. I think I need to go home sick. :(

Back
Top Bottom