Chris Broderick Quits Megadeth

Webb

Power User
Just read that Chris Broderick has quit Megadeth "due to artistic and musical differences". I think that's code for "Dave Mustaine is a prick". It's a shame Mega-Dave can't keep a stable lineup. Chris seemed like a good fit for Megadeth and to me his playing was right up there with Marty Friedman. Maybe Friedman will make a return?

Guitarist Chris Broderick Quits Megadeth | Guitar World

I think Jeff Loomis has signed on, didn't know anout the drummer quitting too. I'm a big Jeff Loomis fan so I will probably be buying my first Megadeth album since the Friedman Era.

*dp beat me :)

I was under the impression that Megadeth is now basically just Mustaine and hired guns. He's alienated a lot of his former colleagues.

Dave should give Jeff Waters from Annihilator a call. Jeff is a monster player who I think never really got the recognition he deserved, possibly because he needed someone to tell him that not all of his ideas were brilliant. With a bit of editorial discretion, I think it could work very well. And yes, he has chops:

Megadeth has always been Mustaine. Just like Death was always Chuck. The difference was that Chuck was always cool with others' contributions and them coming and going as they needed.

Dave should give Jeff Waters from Annihilator a call. Jeff is a monster player who I think never really got the recognition he deserved, possibly because he needed someone to tell him that not all of his ideas were brilliant. With a bit of editorial discretion, I think it could work very well. And yes, he has chops:

Alice in Hell is a tasty work, the guitars great sounding (though lacking the scooped meat of the era), and the production great as well.

Jeff Loomis joining megadeth was a April fools joke. It was posted on Metalsucks.net back on April 1st of this year.

Whereas Jeff Loomis joining Arch Enemy is just a general joke. :|

Really? Arch Enemy? Is he that desperate for a gig? :|

Jeff is an insanely good player and super nice guy... he doesn't deserve the Mustaine treatment!

I have not been a MegaDave fan since countdown to extinction, I mean some albums after had a good song or two but the last 3 or 4 have been really lame IMO. Chris Broderick while an amazing guitar player didn't do anything for me during the entire time he was with megadeth. Yes he can play, but did he write anything memorable?

Anyways, maybe MegaDave will be smart and throw in the towel, as i honestly don't think he's got anything left to say musically.

I'm interested on seeing Chris do his own thing. I don't think we've ever had a chance to hear his real musical voice. I'd love to hear some classical from him as well, I'm sure he spends 80% of his personal time noodling on nylon strings anyways.

Well hopefully dave didnt ruin him too much. Poor Marty is currently parading in make up and 8 inch platforms. Still an insanely awesome player though

Back
Top Bottom