Chris Broderick AND Dave Mustaine using Axe-Fx... LIVE??

I'm betting that they use the JC120 amp sims for all those jazzy tunes they play ...

Scott Peterson said:
I dunno, Chris and Dave might be missing the 'crack' with them there "Axe-FX's". :D :lol: :oops: :twisted:

Did I just walk into the middle of an April fools joke? or did I miss something from the deleted "Crack" thread regarding megadeth?? lol. If I did miss something, please go ahead and delete the thread... if I didn't, care too enlighten?? :)

Then again, Dave happily used Line 6 stuff for a while, so golden ear he is not. :lol:

jasonmwnf said:
Scott Peterson said:
I dunno, Chris and Dave might be missing the 'crack' with them there "Axe-FX's". :D :lol: :oops: :twisted:

Did I just walk into the middle of an April fools joke? or did I miss something from the deleted "Crack" thread regarding megadeth?? lol. If I did miss something, please go ahead and delete the thread... if I didn't, care too enlighten?? :)

Nah, I was just funnin'.

Seems to me that Megadeath likes pretty percussive sounding guitar amps; and seeing them using Axe-FX's struck me as ironic given the 'crack' topic here lately. Tis all. No harm, just humor.

tis all good! Just seemed to be an overabundance of smileys, lol. and for what its worth... i don't think Dave needs any more "crack" ;) :eek: :p

Great news! I saw them not too long ago and their sound was sooo bad. I only hope that the Axe is the cure :)

Whatever Chris was playing through at the Atlanta show about a week ago, I thought he had the best tones of the night (and technique too :shock: dude could probably play anything). Tight, articulate, and aggressive for the rhythms, and smooth for the solos. Having never heard of him before and being a big fan of Marty, I was REALLY impressed.

jleader said:
Whatever Chris was playing through at the Atlanta show about a week ago, I thought he had the best tones of the night (and technique too :shock: dude could probably play anything). Tight, articulate, and aggressive for the rhythms, and smooth for the solos. Having never heard of him before and being a big fan of Marty, I was REALLY impressed.
Chris is definitely 100% Axe-Fx with his tone and effects on this tour. I can neither confirm or deny if Mr. Mustaine has got an Axe-Fx in his live rig at this very moment.

-TK

Fun fact: I saw them a month or so ago and they had 16 Marshall heads and matching 4x12 cabs... all fake. I stuck around after the show and the roadies were basically throwing the heads with 1 hand without any effort and the cabs didn't have speakers in them. Also, Dave was a jerk, but Chris was cool. Even got a guitar pick from him for my collection! I wanted one from Dave so I could put it next to my Hetfield pick to see if they fight, but alas he wouldn't part with one for free... he was selling them for $10 a piece.

It sounded fantastic and then I saw on the fractal page that Chris is using an AxeFX, which is awesome.

Sidivan said:
I wanted one from Dave so I could put it next to my Hetfield pick to see if they fight, but alas he wouldn't part with one for free... he was selling them for $10 a piece.

Maybe he uses Red Bears. :D

hookem.gif

Broderick is amazing - has a classical guitar performance degree as well. However, I have yet to hear him play something that was identifiably Broderick. if I hear Friedman or Poland play something, it's pretty obvious who the guitarist is.
That's not to take anything away from him; I just hope he develops his unique voice along the way.

And, anything that improves the sound at Megadeth shows is a good thing imho.

jleader said:

How was Testament, and especially Skolnick?

JMZ93 said:
How was Testament, and especially Skolnick?
I've never really gotten into Testament, so I'm not all that familiar with their material. They sounded decent, head and shoulders better than Exodus, IMO, but no Skolnick though :(.

OK, so maybe I wasn't just seeing things.. I recorded a live Megadeth concert off HDNet, think it was SanFran... They never showed Chris' rig clearly but I couldda sworn I saw the distinct Axe-FX LCD back there... Guess so!

Back
Top Bottom