Chorus question......widening sound?

ptgold

Inspired
I usually dont like to wash my tone with chorus but just add a tiny bit of it to get a 3D effect which is just about 10%-15% or even less on the mix for me. Ive always done this on other modelers and the effect as soon as I turn on the chorus is quite pronounced such as when I use it on my 11Rack, I barely turn on the chorus and it immediately widens the soundscape.

However, it seems to me that once I drop below 20% I can barely tell if I even have the Chorus model on with the AXE2. Its very pronounced at 50% obviously but not there at 10%...at least to my ears. Just to be clear Im talking about my overdrive tones.

So which advanced parameters should I be adjusting to widen the sound without washing out my overdrive tone and sounding like Billy Gibbons circa 1985.

In 6.01, try the enhancer block at the end of the chain. Set it to classic mode.

To my ears its a sweeter widening than the chorus block. Sounds less out of tune to me.

Richard

Don't let a % or knob position tell you what it sounds like. Use your ears and don't compare to what other gear settings are. :)

Back
Top Bottom