[Choptones] Preset Packs, Amp Packs & IR (for Axe-Fx II and AX8)

Hi, sounds as a good idea, are these presets setup/oriented/EQ'd for recording, 'bed room playing' or live band level use ? Pls note : the question is not meant to be cynic or critic in any way.

You're welcome ;) For AX8, amp packs maybe will be smaller ;)

Thanks Again . one question not about the pack but that amp in particular cause you have had the real one there and used a bunch of other hi gainers . In your opinion what amp does the Archon resemble .I ask because there was a bunch of guys on another forum saying they could pretty much match the DZL VH4 with both in the room , another guy on PRS forum said it was similar to his Bogner Uber twin jet with a more controlled low end not as much thump. Prs demo guy says they wanted something like a Soldano with a smoothed top end .
Seems to be a lot of opinions on this guy .So what is your based on the the real amp not sims

oh yeah and have I mentioned your Archer sim sounds wicked :D

We didn't tried VH4 or Uber at the moment :(
In my opinion is a cool mix between a Mesa DR 2Channels and a Peavey 5150

I'm currently using both Axe-Fx II and Ax8, so a few questions. Do the presets (Archon) use a tone match block? And a cab block? If so, how would this be translated to Ax8? I know that tone match can be saved as IR, but Ax8 can only run one cab block. Would you mix the two in Cab Lab to come up with hybrid IR containing both tone match and cab? Also, the metal and blues/rock packs - those do not contain tone matches - just tweaked amp blocks? I would suspect that those should be easily translated to Ax8. Anything in those packs that wouldn't translate that you know of? Interested in buying, but wanted to sort this out first. Thinking about getting rid of my Axe-Fx II since I really don't record much, just play live (Ax8 works/sound great). Thanks.

I'm currently using both Axe-Fx II and Ax8, so a few questions. Do the presets (Archon) use a tone match block? And a cab block? If so, how would this be translated to Ax8? I know that tone match can be saved as IR, but Ax8 can only run one cab block. Would you mix the two in Cab Lab to come up with hybrid IR containing both tone match and cab? Also, the metal and blues/rock packs - those do not contain tone matches - just tweaked amp blocks? I would suspect that those should be easily translated to Ax8. Anything in those packs that wouldn't translate that you know of? Interested in buying, but wanted to sort this out first. Thinking about getting rid of my Axe-Fx II since I really don't record much, just play live (Ax8 works/sound great). Thanks.

Every our Amp Pack use a tonematch block.
Patches Packs (Metal, Blues/Rock) doesn't use tone match blocks, but only internal Axe-Fx II capabilities.
At the moment we cannot guarantee any compatibility for AX8, hope to get one soon :)

Decent but not great?

Worth the price I paid. Rectos are good, dig the Mark IV patch. It's all relative anyway, right? I'm going to use different IRs, different tunings, different guitars and pickups etc...my go-to's are Fremen stuff most of the time, but I like some other stuff as well. There was a discount until the 15th or so, so it was cheaper. Grabbed em on a whim, no complaints. Gotta dial things to suit you anyway, but definitely good starting points.

Can the Metal pack be used with a power amp and real cab and sound realistic? I'm definitely getting the Archer pack since you directly specified that you could use them with a power amp and cab. Looking forward to the Satan pack as well. Sucks that I missed out on that coupon (hint hint....). LOL.

Can the Metal pack be used with a power amp and real cab and sound realistic? I'm definitely getting the Archer pack since you directly specified that you could use them with a power amp and cab. Looking forward to the Satan pack as well. Sucks that I missed out on that coupon (hint hint....). LOL.

Amp Packs obviously are optimized to be used without and also with real cab and poweramp. Patches pack not so much, they are made for a studio contexts or direct to the FOH. They should work with a real poweramp but honestly I haven't tried them in this condition :)
Maybe if the users could be interested in, we could make some patch packs focused for live use.

just purchased rock/blues and texture packs. i am new to the commercial preset game. can you still use instant access buttons
to turn off effects within a scene while using a preset or are you locked into the specific tone?

Hi! I'm not sure to understand correctly your question.
You can still turn on and off effects into the scenes, obviously we made different tone choices, but you're free to adapt the tone to your necessities!

Back
Top Bottom