[Choptones] Preset Packs, Amp Packs & IR (for Axe-Fx II and AX8)

I purchased and downloaded the Petaluma Vol.1 pack and it is full of very usable tones right away. I only had a very little bit of time to play around but here are my initial impressions.

I am not running a Stereo rig so I think that the presets would be better in that setup. The delay settings are a bit over the top for me, and I think I'll have to work on those. I also think that having the reverb and delay on at the same time in a mono setup muddies the sound a little bit.

The other issue so far is that on some of the presets, the pick attack seems a little off. Not crisp. It's hard to describe. I had a really long day, so I might just be tired.

I will certainly play around with these much more when I get more time.

More to come!

Last edited:
Thanks for your review and for your support! :)

Enjoy your new tones!!

If someone has some suggestions, feel free to ask!

Man, you guys are doing good work here. Im new to the Fractal scene (really new, like its in the mail) and having someone to do the legwork on these tones is a great service, especially for those of us who'd rather pay to play so to speak.

BTW, your video for the Engl Artist Edition was what allowed me to go forward on a trade about a year ago and I'm so glad I did. Its been an ear opening amp and what has allowed me to move away from my Engl Invader to the AxeFx.

So in short.. or maybe not so, Choptones in one way or another has helped me to find a musical voice and for a picky longtime player that's not such an easy task. Great Work Guys.. AXE is in the Mail, Im sure Ill be putting in an order at sometime.

Choptones Cab IR Pack:
ANGEL 412AE NeoCB (1200+ IRs)
Based on an Engl 4x12 Artist Edition loaded with Celestion Neo Creamback
Check it out!

Choptones Cab IR Pack: ANGEL 412AE NeoCB (1200+ IRs)
Based on an Engl 4x12 Artist Edition loaded with Celestion Neo Creamback
Check it out!

Spring Sales time!

Just use CHOPSPRING coupon to get a 15% discount coupon on shop.choptones.net

Limited offer valid from March, 14th 2017 to March, 23th 2017

Choptones Amp Packs for Fractal Audio Axe-FX II Series
BOGIE MK4 REV A 6L6 (Seeking to recreate the tone of a Mesa Boogie Mark IV rev A loaded with 6L6)
Enjoy!

BRIT34 PLUS vol1 - Patches Pack for Axe-FX II Series
Includes 2 Custom IR based on a Marshall 25/58 Silver Jubilee Combo Cab
Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom