Choosing an expression pedal

Hey, Fractal freaks. I need an expression pedal for doing whammy stuff with the Axe pitch block. I want an expression pedal that has a long throw to it though, not something that’s shallow. I used to use a Pod Hd500x and do that with the built in expression pedal and I liked the feel of that. Any recommendations for something with a similar feel?

Last edited:
Fractal EV1
Boss FV500

there's a lot. search Expression Pedal on Sweetwater or something, and make sure it uses a TRS cable (which most do). some have the cable built in, some don't and you add a TRS yourself.

Fractal EV1
Boss FV500

there's a lot. search Expression Pedal on Sweetwater or something, and make sure it uses a TRS cable (which most do). some have the cable built in, some don't and you add a TRS yourself.
Thanks, man. The EV1 seems perfect.

the “expression” part means no audio passes through it and it’s controlling the units parameters, not audio. There is no tone degradation from expression pedals.
Totally didn’t even think about that. Thanks, man. Gonna go with the Fractal EV1 I think.

Ev1 is awesome for smooth fades but I think it has way too much travel for whammy type stuff. I’d look at a mission pedal, ideally spring loaded
The one I used before (the Pod HD500x) had a pretty wide throw to it though. I just got used to it for whammy stuff. I’m watching some videos of it right now and it looks like a good one.

Is the throw of the EV-2 the same as the EV-1?

I have the 1, which for swells etc is superb, so I wouldn't want to compromise on that, but am looking to save some space on my board, hence my interest in the 2

I have the 1, which for swells etc is superb, so I wouldn't want to compromise on that, but am looking to save some space on my board, hence my interest in the 2
Good question, man. I wish I knew. Maybe you could at least kind of get an idea by looking at pictures to see the distance between the platform and the pedal part.

Hey, man. I watched this video last night regarding the EV1/EV2 and thought you’d get some good info out of it. Sounds like they both have the nice, long throw.

Back
Top Bottom