Chin activated expression pedal?

Tom Morris

Power User
Was thinking about the formant block and how it would be cool to have a mouth activated expression pedal type device to add a little realism to using the formant block, if you have a mic stand in front of you. What comes to mind is a lever/Paddle spring loaded with potentiometer that clamps to the mic stand that you rest you chin on and activate by opening your mouth. The WTF look on peoples faces would be worth the effort. It was always kind of disgusting the whole talk box tub thing anyway. White russians come to mind. whatdaya think?

i don't think but it sounds like a great idea!

chin.jpg

https://www.sensoryguru.com/product/chin-mouse-controller/

Humm! what about some sort of laser scanning device that scans your mouth movements? this way you don't have to touch anything at all.

Have you considered using a breath controller? This particular one will send MIDI CC messages depending on how hoard you blow into it, how hard you bite down on it, and how you move your head through two axes of motion...

Oh ... I see.... In that case I suggest you use a modified burglar alarm type pressure pad and stick it in the best place that works for you where it can be activated by buttock clenching. Just remember to unplug before walking off stage ;)

Back
Top Bottom