Chet Atkins sound

focus

Hello,

completely new with no experience, own a fx III. I am looking for a chet atkins Sound, like in 'jam man' for instance and would appreciate suggestions and/or presets for this kind of tone.

Thanks!

Well here's what I was going to write, before I listened to the song, which I hadn't heard:
Here's some info on at least one amp he used. Don't think the amp is super critical, just clean -- solid state, or tube run very not-hard. Key will be your playing (probably thumb pick and fingers), your guitar (medium thin hollowbody with FilterTron-style pickups), and adjusting amp and guitar controls for the flavor you're after.

But actually, there's a about a million tones in that song, not all of them clean or typical of what I know of him. Sounds very influenced by Les Paul. Nothing high gain of course, but the not-clean stuff sounds like an old-school lower gain amp pushed a little, tweed or other fender maybe would get you in the ballpark.

Just to say it, listening to more of him live, that example of which is more like I think of him, what a master! Amazing chord work, superb craftsmanship, chops when he wants to whip em out, sense of humor, really cool.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom